Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mikehere
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,271
Message 1 of 15

Minimum Call Volume Too High and Loud with Headset or Headphones - Moto G5 Plus

Hello!

How can I reduce the minimum call volume while using an 1/8" jack headset on Android?  I am using a Moto G5 Plus. Thank you!

• Call Volume is too loud on minimum setting, and obviously dangerous above 50%.
  • Music Volume is excellent and extremely low at minimum level.

Model Details:

Here is what I have tried so far,

Alternative Phones with same calls, headphones, no issues.

• iPhone 6
  • Nexus 5x with Android 7.1.2

Apps which do *not* work:

With options which look like they will work:

Without options which look like they will work:

Additional Related Problems:

Considering additional hardware to solve:

Thanks for any help!

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 5,184
Message 2 of 15

Re: Minimum Call Volume Too High and Loud with Headset or Headphones - Moto G5 Plus

Sorry for the long delay -- not ignoring you! We have been trying to duplicate this but so far, no luck.

We'll get back to you shortly as we want to talk to the product team.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
mikehere
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,160
Message 3 of 15

Re: Minimum Call Volume Too High and Loud with Headset or Headphones - Moto G5 Plus

Thank you Matt for the followup.  I am looking forward to your suggestions.

Regardless of your ability to duplicate, are you (or anyone) able to recommend any way to lower the volume beyond the range provided in the "Call" volume slider?  I notice that the low end of the general audio slider for music is extremely low -- ideal for some use cases.

mikehere
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,076
Message 4 of 15

Hi Matt -- Any luck?

I've added to Stackoverflow for additional opinions, https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/180808/how-to-reduce-call-volume-below-lowest-setting

Thanks -

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 5,027
Message 5 of 15

@mikehere wrote:

Hi Matt -- Any luck?

I've added to Stackoverflow for additional opinions, https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/180808/how-to-reduce-call-volume-below-lowest-setting

Thanks -

No, I don't think there is any app that overrides call volume. Have you tried 3rd party dialers, etc.?

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Former Employee
Views: 4,994
Message 6 of 15

@mikehere wrote:

Hi Matt -- Any luck?

Thanks -

Hi mikehere, 

We would like to reach out to you. Can you send us the following details via PM? 

Name: 

Phone number: 

Email address: 

Thanks!

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

peterlieber
What's DOS?
Views: 4,678
Message 7 of 15

I have the same issue. My volume is at minimum, and people around me can hear it! It is damaging and not safe.  Please advise!

Reed128
What's DOS?
Views: 3,185
Message 8 of 15

What was the resolution to this issue? It still exists for other users.
Mrmox
What's DOS?
Views: 2,856
Message 9 of 15

Same prob, have to pull one earphone out of my ear so it is not painful. I am sure you would get more complaints about this if your message board wasn't so hard to use! Clicking on "I have this problem too" forces you to register, then when you register there is no "I have this problem too" to click on
gummybear1024
Punch Card
Views: 2,743
Message 10 of 15

Happens to me also till date there is no fix for this issue, the media volume levels and call volume levels should be kept same in headphones but the call volume's lowest level is like ourm than 50% of media volume on headphones, I am on the latest security patch that is 1 March 2018. 

Top Kudoed Authors