cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JL321
What's DOS?
Views: 5,621
Message 1 of 15

Moto G 5 - Issue with calls dropping out mid call and / or recipient cant hear me

I have a Moto G 5 and I have had two issues.

I will be mid call, full signal and the call just drops out and ends. There is no particualar time it occurs, sometimes a minute in, sometimes 20 minutes in and sometimes I have a full call no problem. To confirm this is standard voice calls, not an additional app on my phone.

I've also had an issue where I have been talking and the other user can no longer hear me - even though I still have a conncection. My friend has the same phonene Moto  G 5 and has experienced the very same issue.

I have performed a factory reset on the device, but this doesn't appeared to have helped.

Anyone else suffering with this? and got any ideas? Is it a fault with this phone.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 5,356
Message 2 of 15

Re: Moto G 5 - Issue with calls dropping out mid call and / or recipient cant hear me

Hi JL321,

There are some factors that you need to check:

1. Is this happening to all places?

2. Have you tried removing safely the sim card and reinsert it?

3.Have you tried resetting the Network Settings? Make sure to back up your WiFi password. You can go to Settings>Back up and reset> Reset Network Settings. You can also try to call your carrier if there's any workaround for this.

For now, try to restart your device, the phone will re-establish a connection to the network. If this doesn't work, try to safely remove your sim card and then put it again. You may also try to use other sim card or call carrier if necessary. If this didn't work, then submit it for repair.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

suryavenkat506
Paper Tape
Views: 3,704
Message 3 of 15

Re: Moto G 5 - Issue with calls dropping out mid call and / or recipient cant hear me

I am using Moto G5s plus, I too have the call dropping problem. It is really annoying me. If anyone got a fix for this kindly help me to fix mine.

Thanks,

Venkat.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,688
Message 4 of 15

@suryavenkat506 wrote:

I am using Moto G5s plus, I too have the call dropping problem. It is really annoying me. If anyone got a fix for this kindly help me to fix mine.

Thanks,

Venkat.

I understand this is annoying but I hope you can check my previous reply for further assistance.

-Daisy

suryavenkat506
Paper Tape
Views: 3,666
Message 5 of 15

Hi Daisy,

1. Is this happening to all places? - Yes, it is happenning in all the places

2. Have you tried removing safely the sim card and reinsert it?- Yes, several times and even tried swapping my SIM slots

3.Have you tried resetting the Network Settings? - Yes, I have done

4. You can also try to call your carrier if there's any workaround for this. - Yes, I have reached out to the carrier. They are very confident and evidently telling that this is my handset problem.

After trying all the above and nothing seems to solve my problem, then only I have posted in this forum.

I strongly believe this is happenning from the recent security update that I have installed on my phone. Either guide me how to rollback the patch or Moto should atleast release a corrective fix ASAP.

Thanks

Venkat.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,593
Message 6 of 15

@suryavenkat506 wrote:

Hi Daisy,

1. Is this happening to all places? - Yes, it is happenning in all the places

2. Have you tried removing safely the sim card and reinsert it?- Yes, several times and even tried swapping my SIM slots

3.Have you tried resetting the Network Settings? - Yes, I have done

4. You can also try to call your carrier if there's any workaround for this. - Yes, I have reached out to the carrier. They are very confident and evidently telling that this is my handset problem.

After trying all the above and nothing seems to solve my problem, then only I have posted in this forum.

I strongly believe this is happenning from the recent security update that I have installed on my phone. Either guide me how to rollback the patch or Moto should atleast release a corrective fix ASAP.

Thanks

Venkat.

Thanks for informing me. Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System>Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems. Need help updating your profile? See here

-Daisy

James_vaiphei
What's DOS?
Views: 3,551
Message 7 of 15

I too have this problem

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,531
Message 8 of 15

@James_vaiphei wrote:

I too have this problem

Hi James_vaiphei,

Check your volume setting.
Check that nothing is covering the microphone:

If you are using a case, cover or screen protector, remove it and see if it was causing the issue.
Check that the protective film that ships with the phone has been removed.
Check to see if your phone is using Voice privacy. (This feature not available on all models.) Turn it off to see if sound quality improves:

Touch .
Touch > Settings > Voice calls and touch the SIM.
Turn off Voice privacy.
If the issue occurs while using the speakerphone or a Bluetooth headset, check your signal strength.

In the status bar, see how many bars your network connection has. If you see only one or two bars, change locations to improve your signal strength, particularly if you are indoors.

Turn your phone off and then on again.

Press and hold the Power button, then touch Power off. Then turn it on to establish a new connection with the network.

Check if a software update is available for your phone.
Turn off Voice Match.

Open the Google app.
Touch > Settings > Voice > Voice Match.
Turn Say “Ok Google” any time off .
Saying “OK, Google” won't work from all screens, but you can touch the search widget first, then say “OK, Google”.

Use safe mode to see if apps you installed are causing the issue and uninstall as needed.
Clear the phone's cache partition.
Reset the phone.

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

Stacy8495
What's DOS?
Views: 1,733
Message 9 of 15

Having same issue calls drop, singalbgoes from 4g to g, sound stops working,video plays in real slow motion ,and now when I restart the phone it don't want to come back on I have to take the battery out it really sucks 

Naveen1331
Paper Tape
Views: 1,337
Message 10 of 15

I am using a Moto G5 Plus mobile, where i am facing a call droping out in Mid call exactly 10mins. This issue was seen irrespective of area, sim slot. i tried my Sim in other Mobile (Other Make) i dont see any issue of Call dropping out. Also i tried other Sim in my Moto G5 Plus and the problem still exists.

It is clear that there is some issue with my Handset. Request Moto to provide a best solution. I am really facing issue of Cal dropping out during my Business.

Top Kudoed Authors