Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

06-16-2020

India

7 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 1 of 60

Moto G 5 Plus with Airtel Sim call not going or receving

2020-06-16, 9:33 AM

I am using Moto G5 Plus (XT 1686) since last 3 years without any issues. 

Since last 6 weeks I am unable to use my Airtel 4G sim for calling. My internet (4G) works fine but I am unable to make or receive any call.

When I switch my sim network selection to 3g or 2g mobile signal disappears. So I have to keep my phone in 4G mode to use internet, But I am unable to make or receive call. 

Things I tried till date. 

1. Replace Airtel sim twice.
  2. Network resetting done.
  3. Factory Data reset completed.
  4. Mobile phone software update with Lenovo FLash-Rescue option.

After doing sim replacement, factory reset and software flash no improvement observed and I am unable to make or receive call from airtel sim. Same Sim if inserted in any other devide it works perfect. 

Please advice. 

Options

2999 Posts

04-04-2018

India

404 Signins

27725 Page Views

• Views: 27725
  • Message 2 of 60

Re:Moto G 5 Plus with Airtel Sim call not going or receving

2020-06-16, 10:22 AM

@ MaheshAw wrote:

I am using Moto G5 Plus (XT 1686) since last 3 years without any issues. 

Since last 6 weeks I am unable to use my Airtel 4G sim for calling. My internet (4G) works fine but I am unable to make or receive any call.

When I switch my sim network selection to 3g or 2g mobile signal disappears. So I have to keep my phone in 4G mode to use internet, But I am unable to make or receive call. 

Things I tried till date. 

1. Replace Airtel sim twice.
  2. Network resetting done.
  3. Factory Data reset completed.
  4. Mobile phone software update with Lenovo FLash-Rescue option.

After doing sim replacement, factory reset and software flash no improvement observed and I am unable to make or receive call from airtel sim. Same Sim if inserted in any other devide it works perfect. 

Please advice. 

Hi,

Thanks for posting and letting us know. I would like to confirm, do you mean, you are not able to receive or call any contact at all?

Or is it only when you keep your device with 4G ON?

Let me know.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

7 Posts

06-16-2020

India

7 Signins

60 Page Views

• Message 3 of 60

2020-06-16, 12:01 PM
Hi, I am not able to receive or call any contact at all.
Options

7 Posts

06-16-2020

India

7 Signins

60 Page Views

• Message 4 of 60

2020-06-17, 4:14 AM

Not able to make or receive call at all from airtel sim in this phone. 

Options

2999 Posts

04-04-2018

India

404 Signins

27725 Page Views

• Message 5 of 60

2020-06-17, 9:35 AM

@ MaheshAw wrote:

Not able to make or receive call at all from airtel sim in this phone. 

Thanks for the confirmation. Can you check your device with a different SIM card or a different Airtel SIM and see if the issue persists?

Also, kindly check your Airtel SIM in a different device and see if you are able to call a contact.

Let me know.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

7 Posts

06-16-2020

India

7 Signins

60 Page Views

• Message 6 of 60

2020-06-18, 11:42 AM

HI, Thanks for feedback. As I have mentioned earlier, 

1. I have purchased new Airtel sim card twice and its not working. But If I put this Airtel Sim card in any other device it works prefect. 

2. Also I when I use another company sim (eg Jio or Idea) it works ok in my Moto g5 Plus. 

So I am really confused as where the problem lies?

(Additional Information : In my motog5 plus I cant access call forwarding setting for airtel sim (it says network error) but when same sim card placed in another device I can access those setting). Weird 

Options

7 Posts

06-16-2020

India

7 Signins

60 Page Views

• Message 7 of 60

2020-06-22, 9:06 AM
HI, Any feedback on this?
Options

1 Posts

06-22-2020

India

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 8 of 60

2020-06-23, 4:56 AM

Hi Moto team,

I am too facing exactly same issue with my Moto G5 Plus phone as mention by Mahesh. I am not able to make or receive calls. I am too Airtel 4G SIM Card user. Phone was working absolutely fine until Dec 2019 and it stopped making and receiving call since then. Have tried every thing. 

1. Check Airtel SIM Card with other phone- works fine.
  2. Tested Moto G5 Plus phone with other Airtel SIM card- phone still not making or receiving calls 
  3. Tested Moto G5 Plus phone with other Vodaphone SIM card- phone still not making or receiving calls 
  4. Did fatory reset, wiped out all data- phone still not making or receiving calls

Phone is currently updated to Oreo 8.1 OS.

Please help or suggest what to do with this phone? Does Lenovo has recall option? Can I return this phone to Lenovo? Avoid responding with one liner like asking back a question and not responding forever like I have seen other response from team Motorola in this forum.

Thank you.

Abhay

Options

2999 Posts

04-04-2018

India

404 Signins

27725 Page Views

• Message 9 of 60

2020-06-23, 11:37 AM

@ MaheshAw wrote:

HI, Any feedback on this?

Hello!

If the other SIM cards from different carriers are working fine in the device, I would suggest you contact the Airtel or visit their support center and let them examine the SIM card.

Regards,

Suman

Options

2999 Posts

04-04-2018

India

404 Signins

27725 Page Views

• Message 10 of 60

2020-06-23, 11:44 AM

@ Abcd23 wrote:

Hi Moto team,

I am too facing exactly same issue with my Moto G5 Plus phone as mention by Mahesh. I am not able to make or receive calls. I am too Airtel 4G SIM Card user. Phone was working absolutely fine until Dec 2019 and it stopped making and receiving call since then. Have tried every thing. 

1. Check Airtel SIM Card with other phone- works fine.
  2. Tested Moto G5 Plus phone with other Airtel SIM card- phone still not making or receiving calls
  3. Tested Moto G5 Plus phone with other Vodaphone SIM card- phone still not making or receiving calls
  4. Did fatory reset, wiped out all data- phone still not making or receiving calls

Phone is currently updated to Oreo 8.1 OS.

Please help or suggest what to do with this phone? Does Lenovo has recall option? Can I return this phone to Lenovo? Avoid responding with one liner like asking back a question and not responding forever like I have seen other response from team Motorola in this forum.

Thank you.

Abhay

Hi,

Sorry to know about this. If you are not able to use any of the SIM cards from different carriers, it could be that there is an issue with the SIM slot.

I would suggest you visit our Authorized Service Center and let our engineers examine the device.

Regards,

Suman

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms