Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

06-16-2020

India

7 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 11 of 60

Re:Moto G 5 Plus with Airtel Sim call not going or receving

2020-06-23, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the feedback. But if same sim card is working fine in any other device, then how do you suggest to contact airtel to examine the sim card? I have changed sim card twice and same issue. Even tried with some one else's airtel sim card and it is not working.
Options

2999 Posts

04-04-2018

India

404 Signins

27725 Page Views

• Views: 27725
  • Message 12 of 60

2020-06-23, 12:21 PM

@ MaheshAw wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. But if same sim card is working fine in any other device, then how do you suggest to contact airtel to examine the sim card? I have changed sim card twice and same issue. Even tried with some one else's airtel sim card and it is not working.

It would be best if you visit the our Service Center or Airtel care for further assistance. 

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1 Posts

07-01-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 13 of 60

2020-07-01, 6:46 AM

To your kind attention . We are also facing the same issues of making and receiving a call. I tried with another sim also facing this problem still there.. Its due to after the update of security patch on february and further the devices is drainning the battery more..  Im not able to make the calls .. please give us a solution for this or  is there any way to downgrade from that patch.. 

Options

17 Posts

07-11-2020

India

16 Signins

120 Page Views

• Views: 120
  • Message 14 of 60

2020-07-11, 14:27 PM

I also have similar issues with airtel sim card 

1> inserted the same sim card in another phone and works perfectly fine (able to send and receive calls)

2> checked with service centre - they said sim card is perfectly fine

3> inserted jio sim in the motorola -same issue , not able to make or receive calls

(Note : the device was purchased in usa and was successfully working in India for past 3 yrs untill the issue started happening from yesterday)

Options

2999 Posts

04-04-2018

India

404 Signins

27725 Page Views

• Message 15 of 60

2020-07-13, 9:09 AM

@ AVS189 wrote:

1> inserted the same sim card in another phone and works perfectly fine (able to send and receive calls)

3> inserted jio sim in the motorola -same issue , not able to make or receive calls

(Note : the device was purchased in usa and was successfully working in India for past 3 yrs untill the issue started happening from yesterday)

Hi,

Sorry to know about this. If different SIM cards from different network providers have the same issue, it could be that the device SIM tray is corrupted. 

I would suggest you submit your device at our Service Center and let them examine and see if they have able to help you. Since the device is purchased in the USA, warranty (repair/service) can only be claimed in the country where the unit was sold.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

17 Posts

07-11-2020

India

16 Signins

120 Page Views

• Views: 120
  • Message 16 of 60

2020-07-13, 12:26 PM

@ Agent_Suman wrote:

@ AVS189 wrote:

Hi,

Sorry to know about this. If different SIM cards from different network providers have the same issue, it could be that the device SIM tray is corrupted. 

I would suggest you submit your device at our Service Center and let them examine and see if they have able to help you. Since the device is purchased in the USA, warranty (repair/service) can only be claimed in the country where the unit was sold.

Regards,

Suman

How does device SIM tray can get corrupted - the device completely recognizes the sim card and data also works fine. ( if the sim card tray was corrupted then it wont recognize the sim card at all)

Only need to investigate why the calls suddenly stopped ( both incoming and receiving ) , device is only 3 yrs old.

Options

4 Posts

07-13-2020

India

5 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 17 of 60

Airtel & BSNL Sim r not working, no network

2020-07-13, 14:53 PM
Today morning onwards my both the Sim Airtel and BSNL stopped working in my handset MOTO G5 Plus. I tried all the possiblities but not result. Revert please.
Options

4 Posts

07-13-2020

India

5 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 18 of 60

2020-07-13, 14:55 PM
I am facing the same issue, both the Sim r not working from today morning. Tried all the possiblities, but no result.
Options

4 Posts

07-13-2020

India

5 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 19 of 60

2020-07-13, 15:02 PM
Hi suman, Not a single incident, everyone in this thread having the same issue at same time, my both Sim s r stopped working. It's certainly the issue with ur side.
Options

2999 Posts

04-04-2018

India

404 Signins

27725 Page Views

• Message 20 of 60

2020-07-15, 9:50 AM

@ AVS189 wrote:

@ Agent_Suman wrote:

@ AVS189 wrote:

Hi,

Regards,

Suman

How does device SIM tray can get corrupted - the device completely recognizes the sim card and data also works fine. ( if the sim card tray was corrupted then it wont recognize the sim card at all)

Only need to investigate why the calls suddenly stopped ( both incoming and receiving ) , device is only 3 yrs old.

You mentioned in your previous post that Jio SIM also did not work. I would suggest you reset your Network Settings-- go to Settings > Mobile & Internet > tap on the top right three dots > Reset Network Settings.

If this still doesn't help and as per your Network provider the SIM is fine, please visit our Service Center and let them examine if everything is fine with the device,

Regards,

Suman

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms