Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
themad
Blue Screen Again
Views: 166
Message 1 of 3

Moto G(5) plus restarts when connected to car bluetooth after Oreo 8.1 update

After the Oreo 8.1 OTA update, my G5 plus restarts each time It connects to my car bluetooth system. After the restart all the already paired devices disappear and I must re-pair all of them. It's a nightmare, please help!

Highlighted
Marc999
Punch Card
Views: 157
Message 2 of 3

Re: Moto G(5) plus restarts when connected to car bluetooth after Oreo 8.1 update

Let us know when/if you get this resolved either privately via tech support or here.

I'm still holding off on updating to Android 8.1, because I'm reading about too many people having issues making the phone near unusable.
Moto G5+ (4gb/64gb) (Retus) - Unlocked
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 72
Message 3 of 3

Re: Moto G(5) plus restarts when connected to car bluetooth after Oreo 8.1 update

@themad wrote:

After the Oreo 8.1 OTA update, my G5 plus restarts each time It connects to my car bluetooth system. After the restart all the already paired devices disappear and I must re-pair all of them. It's a nightmare, please help!

Try calibrating the battery. We do recommend these steps to re-calibrate the battery. Press and hold the power button until the screen turns off. The phone will reboot then on its own. Charge the phone to 100% and then leave it on the charger for a few hours. Let me know if this helps.

Also, would you please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone as well as your carrier? Is it okay if we look into your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Top Kudoed Authors