Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SpiderDog
What's DOS?
Views: 3,449
Message 11 of 23

Re: Moto G Plus (5th Generation) - Dropped in water

I believe the battery is not removable, so your solution will not work.

Aditya45
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,412
Message 12 of 23

I tried this process. Fortunately, I am able to charge and operate my phone.

However, I see water stains inside the screen. I am able to smoothly operate my phone but water stains vary me.

What would you recommend:

1) Should I reiterate the process; again keep the phone inside the bowl of rice?

2) Should I try to charge my phone with the phone inside a bag of rice; on youtube, I saw this technique for removing water stains from Ipod?

3 ) Any other suggestions?

P.S.: Currently, I am following option 1.

Aditya45
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,431
Message 13 of 23

Water stains inside the phone screen

In continuation to the solution proposed in "Moto G Plus (5th Generation) - Dropped in water",  I kept my phone inside a bowl of rice for 48 hours. 

Fortunately, I am able to charge and operate my phone.

However, I see water stains inside the screen. I am able to smoothly operate my phone but water stains vary me.

1) Should I reiterate the process; again keep the phone inside the bowl of rice?

2) Should I try to charge my phone with the phone inside a bag of rice; on youtube, I saw this technique for removing water stains from Ipod?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 3,398
Message 14 of 23

Re: Water stains inside the phone screen

@Aditya45 wrote:

In continuation to the solution proposed in "Moto G Plus (5th Generation) - Dropped in water",  I kept my phone inside a bowl of rice for 48 hours. 

Fortunately, I am able to charge and operate my phone.

No reason for a new thread when we have one.  

With water damage there is no right answer.  Your phone may work today and not tomorrow.  What works for one, may not work for another.  

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
JItenBhatt
What's DOS?
Views: 3,076
Message 15 of 23

Dear Danny,

I have same problem that you have.

Kindly update me if your phone started working and charging issues solved after you wash it with demineralized water and soaked with uncooked rice?

Please update me.

@Dani22 wrote:
Hi Phrozencrew,
Thank you so much for the helpful information. I am going to try your suggestion. I am glad I decided to post in this forum.
I appreciate for taking the time to share the information.
Dan

ysrj077
What's DOS?
Views: 2,940
Message 16 of 23

Hello bro,

can you plz whatsapp me on[removed ]from which method you saved your moto g5 plus from water damage because it same happenned with my phone, it was dropped into the water 2 days ago and i already placed it in the uncooked rice for 48 hrs but it didnt work for me even phone not getting charge nor getting power on.

i have read your comment and found your phone has started with some efforts.

please tell me suggestion and reply as early as is possible bcz its last option for me otherwise its useless.

Thanks.

Edited for site rule -privacy. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Moto-Owners-Forum-Site-Rules/td-p/3269704 -Sandip

Dubey97
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,164
Message 17 of 23

My mobile motog5 plus accidentally became wet as water poured over it. Everything else is working properly after drying except the rear camera. Front camera is working, but rear camera shows a white screen on opening. The screenshot uploded shows the problem. Can someone help me fixing this problem?

Post merged into the running thread. Subject edited.-Sandip

Kodak
802.11n
Views: 2,126
Message 18 of 23

@Dubey97 wrote:

My mobile motog5 plus accidentally became wet as water poured over it. Everything else is working properly after drying except the rear camera. Front camera is working, but rear camera shows a white screen on opening. The screenshot uploded shows the problem. Can someone help me fixing this problem?

The main problem you have is that water has got inside the phone and there is a strong possibility that it will start to corrode the inner parts of the phone over time, the phone may be working okay now but in a few weeks or months you may have problems.  The sooner you get it to a service department for professional drying out the better.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
EricJRW
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,061
Message 19 of 23

I have read a good way to dehumidify a phone is to put it in a tub or bag of white rice. The rice draws the water out. Well actually absorbs the moisture. I would wrap the phone in a cloth, to keep rice from getting into the openings.

Good luck, Eric

Moto G5 Plus running Android 8.1 (Oreo).
Kodak
802.11n
Views: 2,056
Message 20 of 23

@EricJRW wrote:

I have read a good way to dehumidify a phone is to put it in a tub or bag of white rice. The rice draws the water out. Well actually absorbs the moisture. I would wrap the phone in a cloth, to keep rice from getting into the openings.

Good luck, Eric

This method is a big gamble.  As you are unable to see inside the phone you have no idea if corrosion has started, it will continue unless neutralised even if you now dry the phone out.

The repair cost may be more than the value of the phone, therefore it may be worth taking a chance as it may be many months before the damage becomes terminal, and if you are lucky it may survive.  Just remember that if you do have problems in the future it is most likely to have been caused by water in the past.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors