Poland

4 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 1 of 4

Moto G5 2.4GHz issue after Oreo update

2018-11-25, 10:25 AM

Hi all, 

I have similar issue as Moto G5 plus users, that is, after the last update I've noticed a rougly 60dB drop in signal strength on all 2.4GHz WiFi networks and also a significant drop in Bluetooth range - now it's in 10cm range instead of ~10m it used to be. Is it a possible that it's a software issue or just a coincidence that my internal 2.4GHz antenna gone bad at the time of the update? Up to this point I have done network settings reset followed by factory reset, but nothing's changed. How can I determine if itsi a hardware or a software issue?

Options

1045 Posts

10-08-2015

India

1597 Signins

33668 Page Views

• Views: 33668
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Moto G5 2.4GHz issue after Oreo update

2018-11-26, 13:25 PM

wrote:

Hi all, 

I have similar issue as Moto G5 plus users, that is, after the last update I've noticed a rougly 60dB drop in signal strength on all 2.4GHz WiFi networks and also a significant drop in Bluetooth range - now it's in 10cm range instead of ~10m it used to be. Is it a possible that it's a software issue or just a coincidence that my internal 2.4GHz antenna gone bad at the time of the update? Up to this point I have done network settings reset followed by factory reset, but nothing's changed. How can I determine if itsi a hardware or a software issue?

Hi FunkyPancake,

Welcome to Forums,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Request you to check these below checkpoints & let us know.

1. Try in Safe Mode.

2. How did you perform the "Factory Data Reset" is it Internal reset or External reset?

3. Have you performed the "App restore option" while resetting the device?

If you have tried with "App restore option" can you try without restoring the apps?

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Options

3 Posts

11-25-2018

Poland

4 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 3 of 4

2018-12-03, 6:37 AM

Hi,

during the weekedw I've tried hard reset without app restoration and safe mode- unfortunately neither helped. I've checked  5GHz WiFi and it works just fine so I'm leaning towards the hypothesis that my issue is hardware related. Do you know which parts of the phone are responsible for WiFi/Bluetooth? It should be an antenne or something, right?

Options

8 Posts

06-30-2019

United States of America

15 Signins

364 Page Views

• Views: 364
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-07-01, 9:20 AM
I've been all over the Internet looking for an answer to the same question. If I just knew where the antenna was located, I'd fix it myself but I one can come up with a schematic
Sincerely, Mr. Hook- Boxing Solves Everything
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms