Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xurc
Punch Card
Views: 1,221
Message 1 of 13

Moto G5 7.1 update

Hi,

Recently I bought Moto G5. I proceed system update two times and now it claims that there is no updates for my phone. I ended up on Android 7.0 (1 nov 2017 - security update). Are there more updates for my phone? I assume there is at least to 7.1. How to perform update?
I also have heard about Oreo 8.1 to my phone, but it also does not want to be installed (does not shows in update).

BR,

Xurc

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,121
Message 2 of 13

Re: Moto G5 7.1 update

Hi xurc,

Thanks for posting. I can check that out. Could you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

xurc
Punch Card
Views: 1,057
Message 3 of 13

Hi,

I turned on Motorola privacy options. I also updated my profile.
The only thing that changed since my last post is that the updates have proceed up to 1 July 2018 security update. This is still Android 7.0 and now again there is no updates to install.

I would be grateful if you check why there is a problem with updates.

BR,
xurc
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 972
Message 4 of 13

Hi xurc,

Thanks for updating your profile. There's actually no problem with the updates. We have checked this and you're on the right build. Thanks for double checking. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

xurc
Punch Card
Views: 966
Message 5 of 13

Hi,

So android 7.0 with 1 july 2018 (security update) is the latest for this device? I'm getting response that my system is up-to-date, but I've heard about 7.1 and 8.1 updates to my device. Is that true or not?

Br,

xurc

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 917
Message 6 of 13

Hi xurc,

Those versions are available on other European countries. The dispatch of the updates varies per carrier, region, and country. We checked your current build and it's on the latest patch. Let me know if you have a question. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

xurc
Punch Card
Views: 868
Message 7 of 13

Hi,

Ok, is there a plan to rollout those versions to Poland? 

BR,

xurc

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 811
Message 8 of 13

Hi xurc,

I really appreictae your interest, however, I don't have that information, but we are working hard to provide quality upgrades to eligible devices as quickly as possible. Check here to see if your phone is eligible for an upgrade. 

Here are the links:

https://support.motorola.com/us/en/softwareupgrade/countryselector
https://blog.motorola.com/

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

xurc
Punch Card
Views: 805
Message 9 of 13

Hi,

Funny thing... 2 hours ago I got notification that Oreo 8.1 is waiting as a next update Smiley Happy I will try it later today. Thanks for your support. Today I wanted to buy another (the same) device (G5) for my wife, but it is sold out already :/ Waiting for black friday then... maybe I'll grab something interesting from Motorola/Lenovo?

The first link you provided concerns Android 9, and my device is not listed. However I got confirmation about 8.1, so I accept the solution.

Thank you. 

BR,

xurc

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 754
Message 10 of 13

Hi xurc,

I appreciate your interest, stay tune on our website for that: https://www.motorola.com/pl/home. I'm glad you've got the 8.1, thank you for reporting that. Smiley Happy

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors