cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unknow
802.11n
Views: 556
Message 11 of 14

Re: Moto G5 Dual Sim UK model 4G/2G When is software update due for 4G/3G?

I just can't stand they remove every post that make things clear.

Good thing is that Lenovo not renew the contract with the people behind this US based forum. A new forum on the same domein will be runned from a whole other place ..... there cusomer service is already there Smiley Happy

Never trust an American who is working for the Chinese.... Fukin Wlong.....
Spannaworks
Paper Tape
Views: 522
Message 12 of 14

I was initially been told (in writing) that the 2G/4G update would be happening in Australia before the end of 2017. In December, I contacted Motorola again and still nobody could advise if - or when - this update would be happening. 

I spoke to the relevant conusmer affairs body who suggested I speak to the retailer I purchased it from (Harvey Norman) about a refund or replacement as the phone was not fit for the purpose for which I bought it for. They were actually really good and were willing to let me upgrade my phone to the Moto G5S which has the dual sim capablility (just had to pay the difference in price). 

HOWEVER!

What was not disclosed on any of the relevent specs about the G5S is that while it has 3G/4G dual sim capability (which works fine) you have to choose between the 2nd sim OR the externl memory storage card!! You can't have both.

The G5 allowed dual sims AND the external memory card, so while the phone's internal RAM is double the G5, I've lost ALL the external storage which was up to 120GB. 

I'm now considering whether or not to pursue misleading advertising on THIS phone too. 

Great phones... but the company's practices leave a LOT to be desired Smiley Mad

Think I'll be sticking with Samsung in future. 

philie
What's DOS?
Views: 485
Message 13 of 14

one of the great things about the internet is, that brands can't hide their problems - and you find out quite fast, if they only want to sell units or also care about customers.

reading this thread is also helpful in deciding if I/one will ever want to buy  a lenovo/motorola product. the answer is easy and obvious.

jnsthoman
Punch Card
Views: 75
Message 14 of 14

IS THERE A FIX YET FOR THIS?
Top Kudoed Authors