Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RFKosar
Paper Tape
Views: 2,308
Message 11 of 24

Re: Moto G5 Low Volume During Calls

My Moto G5 Plus does not display a "green phone icon". What screen does it appear on yours? Could you please post a screen shot?

Many thanks!

BobInJCKS
Punch Card
Views: 2,287
Message 12 of 24

Corrected in subsequent posts. Sorry, make that 'blue phone icon"
Bob In JC KS
TedToad
What's DOS?
Views: 2,270
Message 13 of 24

My wife's brand new phone had low call volume from the start, found this simple fix on another forum

Turn the phone off

Turn it back on

Make a call

Whilst in the call turn DOWN the volume first, then turn it up.  Worked like a champ on her phone.  The setting stays through multiple calls.

Hope this works for you.

Ionicus
Paper Tape
Views: 2,095
Message 14 of 24

Thanks, BobInJCKS. I've been searching everywhere for instructional steps about (a) turning off "voice privacy" and (b) turning up the volume on my MotoX4, and finally came across your post, with its perfectly clear, concise, up-to-date, step-by-step, thorough instructions -- what a great find! Thanks again.

Marc999
Punch Card
Views: 1,665
Message 15 of 24

Hello Bob, 

This is embarassing, somewhat - but I'm staring at your instructions and I cannot find the 'Voice Privacy' box within:

Blue Phone Icon > 3 vertical dots > Settings > Calls >     

There is no 'Voice Privacy' box on my phone. 

Within 'Calls' menu, I have the following: Calling Accounts, Voicemail, Fixed Dialing Numbers, Call forwarding, Additional settings.

My Phone is:  MOTO G5 PLUS - Android 7.0 - Retus version - March 1,2018 Security patch level

What version of phone do you have? 

I have a feeling we're talking about different Android version G5 Plus, but maybe not. 

Note: I do have 'Accessibility' & have enabled the Hearing Aids compatibility option, but cannot find the Voice Privacy option anywhere.

Any idea? 

Moto G5+ (4gb/64gb) (Retus) - Unlocked
BobInJCKS
Punch Card
Views: 1,555
Message 16 of 24

Hello Marc999

Sorry about the delay. I am running the same version, 7.0 Build number NPNS25.137-93-8

I don't know why you don't have the setting.

Hmmm...

You have 'Calling Accounts, Voicemail, Fixed Dialing Numbers, Call forwarding, Additional settings.

I have Display Options, Sounds and vibration (that only ringer and Dial pad sounds/stone), Quick responses, Calls, Call blocking , Accessibility.

I do have Calling Accounts but only after selecting Calls. I've been doing research on this setting that some users of G5 Plus cannot see and I've run into postings to the effect that the 'Voice Privacy' setting activates/deactivates an extra level of CDMA encryption. If your using yours on a non cdma network you might not be seeing this setting. I see your location is 'CA' is that California or Canada? Are you using GSM in Canada by chance. In either case, I son't understand why unchecking help with my sounds if it is only encryption related setting.

Let's try something else:

1. If your phone's bluetooth is On, turn it OFF unless you are connected to a bluetooth headset (in which case you should be able to adjust you volume on the head set. If you use a bluetooth capatible Cordless Phone system such as Panasonics KX series at you home or office. Answer incoming and place outgoing calls with one of the 3 or more handsets that come with the cordless phone system. Several apps such as Skype and the G5 Plus Phone do not play well when you have bluetooth connected to another device and by default, they want to send you sound to that device wether it be a cordless phone system, a blue tooth head set or bluetooth speaker. Certain devices will automatically reconnect to your phone if you leave and come back within range of the bluetooth device.

2. Wether Blue tooth is On/connected or OFF, you will see a speaker icon on the call screen. Immediately click it and select 'speaker' if you want to use it as a speakerphone, otherwise you will have to bring your phone to your ear.  There may be a one second delay before the speakerphone mode kicks in.

3. Wether using the phone in speakerphone mode or close to your ear, adjust the volume to desired level. You can press the VOL- on side of phone and the press and hold VOL + button (or drag the volume setting on the bar fully to the right. You can also tap the microphone icon on the home page and say, "INCREASE VOLUME" and your phones assistant should comply.

4. Finally, get yourself a headset microphone or earbud set with microphone; and call/volume controller. This allows you to answer, hang up, place a call, adjust you volume and issue voice commands right from your headset. Voice command is build into the system and cost you nothing to use. In my case, I have a Stereo Headset with a small boom microphone that swivels away from the mouth. I don't need to worry about keeping a bluetooth headset charged up and I can use the built-in G5 Plus FM Radio tuner (FM Radio tuner uses the wires in a plugin (wired) headset as an antenna. Bluetooth won't work as an antenna). Try loaning one from a friend and if it works for you, buy one.

Hope I've recommended something that you and others out.

Bob

Bob In JC KS
manim
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,243
Message 17 of 24

Tryied but this low volume problem repited

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,241
Message 18 of 24

@manim wrote:

Tryied but this low volume problem repited

Because this is a problem/bug UNFIXED and UNKNOWLEDGED by Motorola/Lenovo.

NO trick will fix that.

Annie22
Paper Tape
Views: 1,205
Message 19 of 24

I don't know how to make my own subject here. i am new to these things. But this is my first smart phone and its the worst experience. I cannot hear anyone nor they can hear me..Its always they are asking what what and I am doing the same thing in my end. Even if the volume is all the way high it is still so low. Even the speaker is low.. Worst experience and I will never ever buy Moto again ever..And I will make sure if anyone wants to buy it I will let them know not to do it..Moto G5 phones; I cannot believe its worst than my old keyboard phone from samsung.. That tiny phone had more volume that this smart phone. MOTO you should be ashamed of yourself for selling a product that is defected. I paid the whole amound for this phone so now I have to save again to buy something else..VERY DISAPPOINTED AND REGRETFUL.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,176
Message 20 of 24

@Annie22 wrote:

I don't know how to make my own subject here. i am new to these things. But this is my first smart phone and its the worst experience. I cannot hear anyone nor they can hear me..Its always they are asking what what and I am doing the same thing in my end. Even if the volume is all the way high it is still so low. Even the speaker is low.. Worst experience and I will never ever buy Moto again ever..And I will make sure if anyone wants to buy it I will let them know not to do it..Moto G5 phones; I cannot believe its worst than my old keyboard phone from samsung.. That tiny phone had more volume that this smart phone. MOTO you should be ashamed of yourself for selling a product that is defected. I paid the whole amound for this phone so now I have to save again to buy something else..VERY DISAPPOINTED AND REGRETFUL.

Hi Annie22,

We would like to ask for a bug report in order for us to investigate further. Bug report will collect information about your current device state.

Below are the steps for getting bug report:
1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number seven times to enable a new Settings item, Developer options.
2. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
3. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
4. Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
5. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
6. Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and share the link of the Bug Report here.

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors