Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stixguy
Paper Tape
Views: 724
Message 21 of 24

Re: Moto G5 Low Volume During Calls

Motorola engineers... When are going to get off your backside and fix this low volume internal microphone issue. I am sick of my friends complaining that they cannot hear me on apps like viber or using mobile calls. Speaker phone microphone on the rear has the same low volume issue. There are no microphone settings on the phone to fix this that any of us can access.

Only way to make myself heard properly is to use the external plug in headset and that's not helpful !!

Please please write some code to fix this big issue impacting many users of moto g5s  Model and G5s plus lus models.

LIKE OTHERS I TRULY REGRET BUYING MOTO...

Chimpanzeethat
What's DOS?
Views: 626
Message 22 of 24

As a suggestion have you all tried cleaning your mics with compressed air? 

I say this as I had the same issue with a Moto G5 that I purchased yesterday from a second hand phone shop but in seemingly great condition. I had previously owned a G5 and been happy with it, but had completely destroyed the phone through my own stupidity (long story). So, on getting home all was good with the phone until I phoned a friend who I could hear perfectly but she could not hear me. I called again and the same happened and hence I tried recording using a voice recording app and sending whatsapp voice messages, and in both instances my voice was only very faintly audible. After checking this thread I became convinced that it must be an issue with the hardware itself, though I tried a hardreset as had been suggested elsewhere but this achieved nothing. 

Anyway, I decided to take the phone back to the shop and ask for an exchange, convinced as I was that there was an unfixed issue with some G5s and that I would not be able to fix this. They then proceeded to use a can of compressed air dusteron the mic and ask if I check the phone again. This cleared everything and now the call out volume from the phone is fine. As I couldnt see and debris in the mic I hadn't thought to do this myself.... so I strongly suggest doing so for any of you who haven't done so far.

gunnym
Fanfold Paper
Views: 302
Message 23 of 24

Can someone please help me with this same problem on Moto G5 no plus!

Gunnym

Dattatrya
What's DOS?
Views: 245
Message 24 of 24

I am also facing similar issue and it is very irritating. Mobile phone is not able to use properly and basic and primary function of mobile is not working.

Top Kudoed Authors