Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Fanfold Paper
Message 1 of 26 (5,993 Views)

Moto G5 Plus - Airtel 4G not working.

I'm facing this issue after using Jio sim on the handset which works perfectly. After inserting the Airtel 4G sim, the cellular network only shows H/3G. Plus the data gets turned off and then back on, automatically.This happens quite frequently. I tried out the same in 3 different Moto g5 plus handsets. Same problem in all three devices. Tried resetting the network setting, but of no use. Please help.

Blue Screen Again
Message 2 of 26 (5,843 Views)

Re: Moto G5 Plus - Airtel 4G not working.

Mee too facing the same prob, I think both sims does not support 4G at a time. (4G+3G)

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 3 of 26 (5,844 Views)

MeSky wrote:

I'm facing this issue after using Jio sim on the handset which works perfectly. After inserting the Airtel 4G sim, the cellular network only shows H/3G. Plus the data gets turned off and then back on, automatically.This happens quite frequently. I tried out the same in 3 different Moto g5 plus handsets. Same problem in all three devices. Tried resetting the network setting, but of no use. Please help.

If it did this in multiple phones, could it be the sim card? Maybe something with the APN settings?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Fanfold Paper
Message 4 of 26 (5,841 Views)

Yes. This could be a problem with the APN settings and I am checking up with that. But the issue of the data connection, turning off and on automatically, on a frequent basis still persists. Any assistance on that please.

Blue Screen Again
Message 5 of 26 (5,823 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem. However I have not tried to turn off my data but that H thing is constant. It should be Airtel 4G. I was going to post the exact question. I am now glad that I m not the only one affected by this. Please if someone could solve this issue that would be awesome. I tried contacting airtel but they just cannot do anything about it !

By the way here is the screenshots of the current default settings, if anyone has any idea please do help. As you can see on the status bar that "H" instead of "4G".

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 26 (5,817 Views)

Airtel says they only have 4G coverage in 15 cities currently - are you sure they have expanded into your area? 

Their coverage map shows 99% of india is not covered. 

http://www.sensorly.com/map/4G/IN/India/Airtel/lte_40402#|coverage

Are you seeing 4G in another phone in the same location when testing with Airtel sim?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Blue Screen Again
Message 7 of 26 (5,815 Views)

Yes, I have checked that too.
I went on Google Chrome to www.airtel.in/opennetwork and Chrome detected my location. My pin code is 202001 and 4G services were available there. Even my friends are using 4G services in there Xiaomi phones so that's not an issue.

Blue Screen Again
Message 8 of 26 (5,816 Views)

[ Edited ]

Fanfold Paper
Message 9 of 26 (5,817 Views)

Yes. I've checked with Airtel and they have claimed that my area has good enough connection for 4g services.

Yes. 4G works in other devices, in my location.

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 10 of 26 (5,814 Views)

baqir wrote:

Yes, I have checked that too.
I went on Google Chrome to www.airtel.in/opennetwork and Chrome detected my location. My pin code is 202001 and 4G services were available there. Even my friends are using 4G services in there Xiaomi phones so that's not an issue.

But are you and your friend standing in the same location when they have 4G and you don't? Same place and same time?

I have 100% 4G coverage in my town, yet i can go places where i have no 4G - the maps all show that it is available. 

Top Kudoed Authors