Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sneedles4979
What's DOS?
Views: 6,126
Message 1 of 5

Moto G5 Plus Android Messages notifications not appearing

Until today I have had no problems with my G5, but this morning I stopped receiving notifications in the status bar when I receive text messages. It is not occurring in any other apps to my knowledge, and I have looked through a lot of forums for answers and I have either not found my exact problem elsewhere or have not found any solutions that have worked yet. Not sure where else to go, would like some help please.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 5,980
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moto G5 Plus Android Messages notifications not appearing

@Sneedles4979 wrote:

Until today I have had no problems with my G5, but this morning I stopped receiving notifications in the status bar when I receive text messages. It is not occurring in any other apps to my knowledge, and I have looked through a lot of forums for answers and I have either not found my exact problem elsewhere or have not found any solutions that have worked yet. Not sure where else to go, would like some help please.

Reports i read were that google update to messaages broke notifications.  They then pushed a new update 2.5.207 that fixed things

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Sneedles4979
What's DOS?
Views: 5,971
Message 3 of 5

I have update 2.5.207 for messages, but as of this morning I still do not receive messages. 

mikeyinid
What's DOS?
Views: 5,880
Message 4 of 5

I'm having the same issue. I thought it was something to do with my Wear device but resetting that does not work. Then reset my Moto G5 Plus, which resolved the issue temporarily. As of now I still only receive notifications for certain texts. My fiance's messages come through as well as my sisters but that's it. 

MJ_9035
Paper Tape
Views: 4,399
Message 5 of 5

1. Even I'm facing this issue after the November 2017 update in my g5plus Moto pls help
Top Kudoed Authors