Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M1K
Paper Tape
Views: 803
Message 81 of 90

Re: Moto G5 Plus Battery Draining Fast

Hi guys, I'm not sure if it's related or if anyone else already mentioned it here as it's not possible to search within thread/topic but on my girlfriend's Moto G5 (reteu NPPS25. 137-72-4 Security Patch 1.Aug.2017) it seems that high battery drain was related also to the Moto One Button Nav (fingerprint sensor navigation) as turning it off helped a bit. 

ankitroy
What's DOS?
Views: 723
Message 82 of 90

My phone too has battery drain issues

Akshatnigam_1
What's DOS?
Views: 511
Message 83 of 90

Best solution, if using a back cover to protect phone from damage than throw the cover in the dustbin, coz its warming up the phone and not letting it to cool down, this is the reason behind the battery drain issue in the moto g5s plus, it works, 

motonk
Paper Tape
Views: 482
Message 84 of 90

so i am using this phone about 2 months now and observed battery is draining really fast with 4g network. Changing network to 3g is giving me more standby time. currently using airtel 4g sim in primary slot and secondary sim slot is off. network strength is good. signal strength is showing as -81 dBm 52 asu

@Moto_Swaraj

scumbuster
SCSI Port
Views: 462
Message 85 of 90

@motonkwrote:

so i am using this phone about 2 months now and observed battery is draining really fast with 4g network. Changing network to 3g is giving me more standby time. currently using airtel 4g sim in primary slot and secondary sim slot is off. network strength is good. signal strength is showing as -81 dBm 52 asu

@moto_Swaraj

For what its worth, I just got my G5Plus a week ago.  

I was actually surprised at how long the battery was lasting, considering how much I have been tinkering with it.

I just put a Beetle case on it last night and so far the battery is lasting OK (someone had suggested that having a case affects it due to overheating).

I took my phone off the charger at about 615 AM and I am at 78% some 9 hours later.  And I have used it a bit today. That seems pretty good.  My Note 4 used to be around 40-50% at the same time in the day......

Crossing my fingers that I do not also become victim of this problem.......freaks me out that the battery is not replaceable but what can you do...I think thats planned that way by the companies...sells more phones that way.

motonk
Paper Tape
Views: 447
Message 86 of 90

Well the concern is not about battery consumption during phone usage. It is about standby time. I have g4plus  also which doesn't have this issue

ErinHackettbadp
Paper Tape
Views: 442
Message 87 of 90

Re: Moto g5 plus battery draining in stand by mode

Don't waste your time sending screenshots it's not you the phone has faulty code in the original  code they would have to start completely fresh and make us reused the fancy metal skins which can cause cancer. The screenshot thing  They don't care to fix it. That's just a distraction also the hardware involved in your signal is faulty and no protected. Your head is at a higher risk firfor CA NCERThink of your head in a microwave. 

Kodak
802.11n
Views: 432
Message 88 of 90

Re: Moto g5 plus battery draining in stand by mode

@ErinHackettbadpwrote:

Don't waste your time sending screenshots it's not you the phone has faulty code in the original  code they would have to start completely fresh and make us reused the fancy metal skins which can cause cancer. The screenshot thing  They don't care to fix it. That's just a distraction also the hardware involved in your signal is faulty and no protected. Your head is at a higher risk firfor CA NCERThink of your head in a microwave. 

I'm afraid your post has no scientific basis,  it's just your opinion. 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
scphil
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 305
Message 89 of 90

Highlighted
sumanth537
Paper Tape
Views: 23
Message 90 of 90

i'm using Moto g5s plus. I updated to orio when i get the update OTA. i didn't any issues with battery life till last month. but now it is draining quickly. not able to use the mobile for at least 10 hrs on standby. earler, it used to last for 2 days with moderate internet usage, calls.

Tried resetting the network settings, it worked for some time. after couple of days, the same issue continues. then after few days, i've done the factory reset, but of no use.

kindly support.

i've updated my personal information as shown in the link https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/m-p/3339943/highlight/true#...

Top Kudoed Authors