05-08-2017 09:30 AM
I had the same problem. I think it starts when we install third party camera apps. After i uninstalled google camera the problem is solved.
If you are using any third party app try uninstalling it.
05-09-2017 05:29 AM
Restart your phone in Safe Mode. Safe Mode puts a phone in a diagnostic state and it can help us determine if a third-party app is causing the device to malfunction (freeze/reboot/run slow/error message). Safe Mode temporarily disables all applications that have been installed via the Google Play store. Performing this troubleshooting step is necessary to determine whether a third-party app is the cause of the issue you are experiencing.
To activate Safe Mode:
1. Press on the power button
2. Press for 2-3 seconds on 'Power Off' on the screen
3. When the option 'Reboot to Safe Mode' appears on the screen, Press 'Ok'
4. The phone will restart in Safe Mode and 'Safe Mode' will appear on the bottom left0hand side of the screen
If you find that the issue is resolved in Safe Mode, please continue the procedure, following the steps below:
1. Restart the phone to return it to 'Normal' mode.
2. You will now need to start deleting your applications from the phone in order to identify which one is causing the issue
3. Begin by removing any applications anything that might access the camera as well as launchers, task or battery managers, or anti-virus. Test the phone without these applications installed. If the problem continues, you can continue to uninstall applications until you are able to identify which one is causing the issue.
4. To remove an application, you can simply drg the application towards the top of the Home screen and drop it in 'Uninstall,' which will appear at the top of the screen
05-09-2017 08:19 AM