Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phrozencrew
Token Ring
Views: 2,030
Message 91 of 262

Re: Moto G5 Plus Camera Error Please restart camera

On this forum they seems to ignore the problems with the G5+ and they only will tell every user to do the same useless tricks as long the so called Motorola reps have no clue how to handle real problems with the devices.

Seems policy here is give a random answer and never admit the G5+ (and less the G5) should get a massive update to fix the manny problems.

I will post later today a video from the introduction, there you can see the promise Lenovo did about the updates  and well.....  we know how that is going lolz

The only right answer is the one that solves the problem !
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,006
Message 92 of 262

Sorry for all the inconvenience. If all troubleshooting steps listed here were performed, please submit the device for repair.

Kind regards,

Joy

Motorola Support

surrealjam
Punch Card
Views: 1,953
Message 93 of 262

@Moto_Joy wrote:

Sorry for all the inconvenience. If all troubleshooting steps listed here were performed, please submit the device for repair.

Kind regards,

Joy

Motorola Support

I got the error 4 times in a row so decided it would be a good time for a bug report. I have saved this here.

I have had a quick scan down the bug report file and there are lots of exceptions thrown relating to mm-camera. Please pass to the developers - hopefully there is something of use in tracking down the bug.

Tejas4747
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,987
Message 94 of 262

Moto G5 Plus Camera Error - please restart camera

My Moto G5 Plus is having Camera Restart problem after updating security. It almost 3 to 4 time happen in day when I try to open Camera app

surrealjam
Punch Card
Views: 1,966
Message 95 of 262

Re: Moto G5 Plus Camera Error - please restart camera

It's a well known issue you can track here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G5-Moto-G5-Plus/Moto-G5-Plus-Camera-Error-Please-restart-camera/td...

I've uploaded a few bug reports (actually the last comment is me doing just that) but no one at Motorola seems to have accepted it's a bug yet. You'll get asked to do a fair few pointless tasks, such as the magical "clearing cache partition" and safemode... oh and not to forget removing the SD card you probably don't have.

markazali
Punch Card
Views: 2,125
Message 96 of 262

Re: Moto G5 Plus - Camera Error - Restart Camera

This is super frustrating. I upgraded from a g4 and never had this problem. I'll try the mentioned tips and followup.

@surrealjam wrote:

I'm fairly sure it's a software issue. For me this happens roughly 1 in 10 times opening the camera so it's only enough to be annoying rather than a deal breaker. Things I have tried so far:

1) removed permissions for any app other than the camera itself to use the camera
2) full factory reset (not actually for this issue)

I also don't use an SD card at all. The issue persists...

abhishek12345
Paper Tape
Views: 1,535
Message 97 of 262

PLEASE HELP Moto G5 Plus - Camera Error - Please Restart Camera

I have cleared my camera data as per the solution "Perform a clear data on your camera app. Go to Settings > Apps > Camera > Clear data" many times but I still get the same issue.

PLEASE HELP, this is very frustrating, what is the point of an android mobile, if I can't use the camera 

PLEASE HELP

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,534
Message 98 of 262

Re: PLEASE HELP Moto G5 Plus - Camera Error - Please Restart Camera

@abhishek12345 wrote:

I have cleared my camera data as per the solution "Perform a clear data on your camera app. Go to Settings > Apps > Camera > Clear data" many times but I still get the same issue.

PLEASE HELP, this is very frustrating, what is the point of an android mobile, if I can't use the camera 

PLEASE HELP

Try cache clear, safe mode, finally a reset. If none work, service will be needed.

Here are some great troubleshooting videos that cover safe mode, cache clear, and factory reset (test before installing apps). Try these suggestions and let us know

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Motorola-Owner-s-Blog/The-DIY-Movement-why-not-for-your-phone/ba-p/3375...

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Phrozencrew
Token Ring
Views: 1,518
Message 99 of 262

You can just forget all steps and return the phone.

This is a well know and documented problem and can't be fixed.

Return it as soon as possible so you will not get into troubled with your warranty!

If you bought it in a store, let them fix it.....  they will replace it with a little luck on the spot.

The whole thing is that your phone should work without resetting things,  as long you did not messed it up yourself....

The only right answer is the one that solves the problem !
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,513
Message 100 of 262

@Phrozencrew wrote:

You can just forget all steps and return the phone.

This is a well know and documented problem and can't be fixed.

Return it as soon as possible so you will not get into troubled with your warranty!

If you bought it in a store, let them fix it.....  they will replace it with a little luck on the spot.

The whole thing is that your phone should work without resetting things,  as long you did not messed it up yourself....

You still should make sure some application is not interfering with the camera and responsible for the error.

If you are going to return your phone, you should at least reset it for security, so why not test? Safe mode and cache clear are also simple tests. 

There is never a reason to skip basic troubleshooting.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Top Kudoed Authors