Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shaya
What's DOS?
Views: 1,250
Message 251 of 262

Re: Moto G5 Plus - Camera Error - Please Restart Camera

In regards to the majority of the people having problems with the Moto cameras including but not limited to the Moto g5 plus... Specifically referring to camera crashes, "failed to load please restart" dialog, failed picture or video saves - once you get your camera app open, go into the camera settings by hitting the gear symbol inside the app - and turn off Google Lens... This solved every issue I was having with my camera app... Had been having issues for close to six months... After repeated forum browsing and Google play review reading, I realized there were zero solutions found so far and started experimenting myself... I've been problem-free for close to a week now after my fix... Which curiously enough before this I was lucky if I could make it through a day and open my camera twice... I find a very unsettling that it took a civilian tech to find the answer... Motorola needs to start hiring real techs or get me a job...

jmpc
Paper Tape
Views: 974
Message 252 of 262

Very Interesting...The only place I see Google Lens is as an icon at the bottom of the screen near the photo button when in the camera.

It does not exist in my apps list so it seems to be part of the camera app itself now.

hircum
Serial Port
Views: 945
Message 253 of 262

Sadly that did not work for my G5.
Verniks
Paper Tape
Views: 898
Message 254 of 262

This actually works! THANK YOU!

Guess I can confirm: this effectively works. Google lens is the culprit. 

Verniks
Paper Tape
Views: 897
Message 255 of 262

This actually works!!!

Disabling google lens worked like a charm! This is the culprit.

The issues started for me with the latest security update but I never guessed google lens or changes to google lens would be the causing factor. Thank you!

foon
What's DOS?
Views: 732
Message 256 of 262

Yes, this works for me too.

Great.

Hope there will be a fix soon.

Jeevan_Chaukar
Paper Tape
Views: 252
Message 257 of 262

Re: Moto G5 Plus Camera Error Please restart camera

Hello,

I have been using Moto G5 Plus (4 GB RAM, 32GB Internal Phone Memory, 16 GB Micro SD Card) since 2+ years and never faced any problems till now. 16 GB micro SD card is specifically formatted using the phone itself to use on this device as per the guidance given by Motorola.

Recently (4th Aug 2019), just to free up space from my phone, I deleted a huge quantity of WhatsApp and other images (easily 700-800 images).

From that day onwards, phone started behaving in a very weird manner.

Again, this is not something special and I have done such cleanup in the past also and it never caused any problem.

1) Whenever I try to use Camera, it gives me an error saying "Camera Error - Please Restart Camera"

2) Whenever I try to download anything from WhatsApp, Gmail or anything else, it gives me error "Download Failed - This download was unable to complete. Please try again later".

3) Whenever I try to upload any existing image which I can properly see on my device through Google Photos, I am getting error "the file format is not supported".

4) All of a sudden, the battery is discharging abnormally fast. Till last week, battery on my phone easily lasted 1.5 day or even more at times. Now it is draining from 100% to 15-20% within 6-8 hours with same amount of usage as before. Charging time is consistent with the past using Turbo-charger that comes along with the G5 plus phone.

yarasrinivas
What's DOS?
Views: 216
Message 258 of 262

I have gotten same error
yarasrinivas
What's DOS?
Views: 215
Message 259 of 262

I have followed aforesaid steps but didn't solve my problem,
foon
What's DOS?
Views: 212
Message 260 of 262

After disabling Google lens it went okay for a while, but the same problem came back.

Top Kudoed Authors