05-28-2017 10:17 AM
Yes, every app that uses the camera gives an error message. For example, the Duo app says 'Camera error Unable to access the camera. Please check if it's being used by another app, or restart your phone'
I have restarted many times, I've gotten into safe mode many times, nothing seems to work.
05-28-2017 11:53 AM
I too face this problem. Sometimes when I open the camera app, it says "Unable to start camera", and I have to close it and open the camera again. It happens whenever an app (including WhatsApp or Facebook) too tries to open the Camera.
Seems like an error in the Camera API. Please do a fix.
05-29-2017 07:12 AM
I have followed the steps which you mentined, but the issue still there. The camera issue comes with Front and Rear both and any time for Photos/Video anything. i have to click on ok button of alert and then i open camera again, it works.
It is coming very frequently.
Fix this issue ASAP.
05-29-2017 05:22 PM
My phone is 3 weeks old and the other night the camera exhibited this error. "Restart camera". I just factory reset my phone and it still isn't working. Any ideas other than clear data?
No sd card installed
No thrid party camera apps installed
05-31-2017 06:12 AM
If it happens that your camera always fails, then it's a hardware issue. We recommend having it repaired or replaced. If it happens it sometimes works or starts, I would like to get a bug report for those users who has a camera that works fine and then it stops.
1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.
05-31-2017 07:54 AM
Same here. Usually takes 3 times to resolve.
I also just have the standard memory - no added SD card.
It is very unpredictable when it happens. Not so often for me though.
06-07-2017 12:43 PM
Have you tried to put it in safe mode? This will help us know if there are third party apps keeps the camera to get errors.
To put it in safe mode, press and hold the power button until Power Off option appears on the screen. Press and hold the Power Off option until it Reboots to Safe Mode, then press OK.
06-09-2017 04:32 AM
I get this error quite frequently (maybe one in five times I load the camera). Attached are some logs I captured immediately after getting the error - please can you pass these to the devs to see if they are of use.
06-13-2017 02:10 AM
In almost all cases it is easy to solve....
but a few steps are handy,
Does the problem exist on a "fresh" device ? and with fresh I mean no apps installed and no SD card.
When that works fine place your SD card and make sure that the write speed is fast (min 20 MB/s) test a few times and if all keeps working start installing your favorite apps and after every few apps test again with a few reboots in between.
almost all problems with the camera error are SD card related or the use of apps who want to access the camera. that last point you can solve by changing the permissions odd the app that might be not p[laying nice (facebook, whatsapp ect)
I did almost always solved the problem by replacing the SD card for a fast one only thing is that a fast SD card is a lot more expensive then a slow one.....
And yes my own G5 did have the same problem.... and yes it was a cheap ass SD card