Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vjrahul
Paper Tape
Views: 3,742
Message 41 of 262

Re: Moto G5 Plus Camera Error Please restart camera

That's strange. Sounds like a big problem. But have you checked all app permissions etc? Have you tried another camera app? 

jeffyjames78
Paper Tape
Views: 3,648
Message 42 of 262

Yes, every app that uses the camera gives an error message.  For example, the Duo app says 'Camera error Unable to access the camera.  Please check if it's being used by another app, or restart your phone'

I have restarted many times, I've gotten into safe mode many times, nothing seems to work.

vishnuh
What's DOS?
Views: 3,640
Message 43 of 262

I too face this problem. Sometimes when I open the camera app, it says "Unable to start camera", and I have to close it and open the camera again. It happens whenever an app (including WhatsApp or Facebook) too tries to open the Camera. 

Seems like an error in the Camera API. Please do a fix.

aamitgupta
What's DOS?
Views: 3,627
Message 44 of 262

HI,

I have followed the steps which you mentined, but the issue still there. The camera issue comes with Front and Rear both and any time for Photos/Video anything. i have to click on ok button of alert and then i open camera again, it works.

It is coming very frequently.

Fix this issue ASAP. 

tc12
What's DOS?
Views: 3,606
Message 45 of 262

My phone is 3 weeks old and the other night the camera exhibited this error.  "Restart camera". I just factory reset my phone and it still isn't working.  Any ideas other than clear data?

No sd card installed

No thrid party camera apps installed

Thank you.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,593
Message 46 of 262

Hi Everyone,

If it happens that your camera always fails, then it's a hardware issue. We recommend having it repaired or replaced. If it happens it sometimes works or starts, I would like to get a bug report for those users who has a camera that works fine and then it stops.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Thanks,

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Tjeef
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,587
Message 47 of 262

Same here. Usually takes 3 times to resolve.

I also just have the standard memory - no added SD card.

It is very unpredictable when it happens. Not so often for me though.

Moto G5 Plus - 3GB EU Model
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,507
Message 48 of 262

Hi Tjeef,

Have you tried to put it in safe mode? This will help us know if there are third party apps keeps the camera to get errors.

To put it in safe mode, press and hold the power button until Power Off option appears on the screen. Press and hold the Power Off option until it Reboots to Safe Mode, then press OK.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

surrealjam
Punch Card
Views: 3,756
Message 49 of 262

I get this error quite frequently (maybe one in five times I load the camera). Attached are some logs I captured immediately after getting the error - please can you pass these to the devs to see if they are of use.

Thanks

James

Phrozencrew
Token Ring
Views: 3,703
Message 50 of 262

In almost all cases it is easy to solve....

but a few steps are handy,

Does the problem exist on a "fresh" device ?  and with fresh I mean no apps installed and no SD card.

When that works fine place your SD card and make sure that the write speed is fast (min 20 MB/s)  test a few times and if all keeps working start installing your favorite apps and after every few apps test again with a few reboots in between.

almost all problems with the camera error are SD card related or the use of apps who want to access the camera. that last point you can solve by changing the permissions odd the app that might be not p[laying nice (facebook, whatsapp ect)

I did almost always solved the problem by replacing the SD card for a fast one  only thing is that a fast SD card is a lot more expensive then a slow one.....

And yes my own G5 did have the same problem....  and yes it was a cheap ass SD card Smiley Happy

The only right answer is the one that solves the problem !
Top Kudoed Authors