Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AbKrSo
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 9,300
Message 61 of 260

Re: Moto G5 Plus - Camera Error - Please Restart Camera

I tried the different solutions but I still get the same error. Attaching the screenshot.

benmordecai
Paper Tape
Views: 2,151
Message 62 of 260

Re: Moto G5 Plus Camera Error Please restart camera

I am also facing this problem. With so many people facing the exact same problem this seems like a chronic issue.

AbKrSo
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,138
Message 63 of 260

I am also facing the same issue. I have to close the camera app and then restart it... I get the error 3-4 times before it actually starts working.

I am using SD card to save the images.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,100
Message 64 of 260

@AbKrSo wrote:

I am also facing the same issue. I have to close the camera app and then restart it... I get the error 3-4 times before it actually starts working.

I am using SD card to save the images.

What troubleshooting steps you've tried already?

AbKrSo
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,076
Message 65 of 260

I have tried it in Safe mode and the problem exists there also. G5 Plus was advertised as the best camera but now with this issue, I don't even feel like using the camera.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,065
Message 66 of 260

@AbKrSo wrote:
I have tried it in Safe mode and the problem exists there also. G5 Plus was advertised as the best camera but now with this issue, I don't even feel like using the camera.

Have you also tried resetting the device? If yes, please submit it for repair to get it fixed. Thank you.

- Joy

AbKrSo
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,053
Message 67 of 260

Is it not a software problem?? Because it was working properly before.

Phrozencrew
Token Ring
Views: 2,044
Message 68 of 260

It is a software problem.....  People who did root the device and run a custom ROM (after they got the Camera error) don't have any problem..

If you use an SD card and the card is fast enough, you can also try to turn off the flashlight gesture...  that also seems to work for some people. Not for everyone is a custom ROM an option so returning is then the only option....  just keep in mind that it will not solve your problem..... (the hardware is fine).

If possible try to run the Phone a few days without any extra software, just activate your account (Google) and use only the apps that are installed by Lenovo. then see what happens and afcource take a lot of pictures from different states of the phone (awake, sleep, standby right after charging)

This problem is world wide and Lenovo is not really keen to fix it as long that should involve a software upgrade for both the G5 and the G5+   they told they want to wait with an upgrade till the next Android version  so that might be December as long as the Motorola line runs on a heave modified Android (it only looks stock)

Don't forget your dealing with a cheap Chinese phone....  not with the good old Motorola from a few years back when Google was owning the brand!!   I often see that people who act as Motorola staff keep saying your phone is running Stock Android (just read the introduction) or saying the phone has a metal body (an aluminium sicker is not a metal back) and they keep giving all kind of suggestion while Lenovo knows whats the problem....  (here in Europe Lenovo admit the problems probably for the consumers protection law we have here)

It's clearly a phone for some markets but not for the Western world where people dont like their stuff broken right out of the box

The only right answer is the one that solves the problem !
Xuxant
What's DOS?
Views: 2,042
Message 69 of 260

Had reset my mobile and it was okey for 1-2 week but it started happening again plz fix it :\

vjrahul
Paper Tape
Views: 2,041
Message 70 of 260

@Phrozencrew

Heartbreaking!

Top Kudoed Authors