cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Lukinhas123
Blue Screen Again
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎01-03-2019
Location: BR
Views: 345
Message 1 of 5

Moto G5 Plus - Camera crashes with no error code or message

I am having this issue where I am going to open my camera, does not matter if the puone is blocked or or not, the camera appears for a brief moment (1 -2 seconds) the it closes the camera app, takes me to the phone home screen, and no message appears.  This has been happening since the update to android oreo.  Any idea how to fix? Thanks in advace!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Posts: 1,542
Registered: ‎03-04-2016
Location: IN
Views: 323
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moto G5 Plus - Camera crashes with no error code or message


@Lukinhas123 wrote:

I am having this issue where I am going to open my camera, does not matter if the puone is blocked or or not, the camera appears for a brief moment (1 -2 seconds) the it closes the camera app, takes me to the phone home screen, and no message appears.  This has been happening since the update to android oreo.  Any idea how to fix? Thanks in advace!


Hi Lukinhas123,

 

Sorry to hear about this, can you please try the following mentioned steps here turn your phone off and then on again. Check which apps have permission to access the camera.Settings > Apps & notifications > App permissions > Camera. Review the list of the apps on your phone that request camera access and remove access for apps that look suspicious or that you don’t use. Clear the cache and data for the Camera app. Use safe mode to see if apps you installed are causing the issue and uninstall as needed. Clear the cache for the Camera app. Check for updates to your Camera app. If you’re storing photos/videos on your SD card, remove the card and see if you can take photos without crashing. If so, replace the SD card with a new card. Make sure the new card is certified A1 and has a fast write speed.

 

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

Lukinhas123
Blue Screen Again
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎01-03-2019
Location: BR
Views: 262
Message 3 of 5

Re: Moto G5 Plus - Camera crashes with no error code or message


@Agent_Kaka wrote:

Hi Lukinhas123

 

Sorry to hear about this, can you please try the following mentioned steps here turn your phone off and then on again. Check which apps have permission to access the camera.Settings > Apps & notifications > App permissions > Camera. Review the list of the apps on your phone that request camera access and remove access for apps that look suspicious or that you don’t use. Clear the cache and data for the Camera app. Use safe mode to see if apps you installed are causing the issue and uninstall as needed. Clear the cache for the Camera app. Check for updates to your Camera app. If you’re storing photos/videos on your SD card, remove the card and see if you can take photos without crashing. If so, replace the SD card with a new card. Make sure the new card is certified A1 and has a fast write speed.

 

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support


Hi Sandip, after restarting the phone and clearing cache and data, it worked fine.  Hope it keeps working just like that! Thank you for all the help!

Lukinhas123 

Vimallad
Paper Tape
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎11-10-2017
Location: CA
Views: 126
Message 4 of 5

Camera Application Hang like freezing

Hi,

I have a updated version of Android 8.1.0

After updating everything was working fine.but camera freezing issue. When i open camera application its freez and black screen.i did restart but problem remaining same. I have phone memory used 18gb outof 32gb. So is there any solution? Or should I have to roll back my Android OS?

 

BR

Vimal

 

Moved to an existing thread - please use existing threads instead of starting new ones-Sandip

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Posts: 1,542
Registered: ‎03-04-2016
Location: IN
Views: 101
Message 5 of 5

Re: Camera Application Hang like freezing


@Vimallad wrote:

Hi,

I have a updated version of Android 8.1.0

After updating everything was working fine.but camera freezing issue. When i open camera application its freez and black screen.i did restart but problem remaining same. I have phone memory used 18gb outof 32gb. So is there any solution? Or should I have to roll back my Android OS?

 

BR

Vimal

 

Moved to an existing thread - please use existing threads instead of starting new ones-Sandip


Hi Vimallad,

 

Sorry to hear about this, can you please try to follow the above-mentioned steps and see if that helps. 

 

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors