Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

16 Posts

01-29-2018

India

14 Signins

125 Page Views

• Views: 125
  • Message 31 of 56

Re: Moto G5 Plus Cellular Radio not turning on

2018-02-22, 10:11 AM

wrote:

To prevent damage to your phone,  don't carry it in your jeans pocket unprotected, a strong case will help to prevent damage or you could use a man or girl bag instead.  Man bags are quite acceptable in most parts of the enlightened world.

I find leaving my phone in a locked safe encased in concrete beneath a weighty object (small mountains are usually sufficient) offers relatively good protection. 

Back in the real world though, just applying a bit of common sense to the care of valuable technology usually does the trick :smileywink:

Thank you for the advice on how to use my phone. I think I know that cuz, I still have all my past phones all in working condition. 

Options

381 Posts

01-09-2018

Saint Martin (French part)

243 Signins

3492 Page Views

• Views: 3492
  • Message 32 of 56

2018-02-22, 10:15 AM

wrote:

Which brand was that? (if you can say)

I'm not aware of any brand publicising a 3 year warranty (not saying there isn't one - just I've not heard of one)

Edit - btw, the op with the problem has been conspicuously absent from this thread! Jus sayin

Huawei,   the UK is also getting some special actions from Huawei and Honnor this summer....  Huawei is using this kind of service to tak a bigger piece of the cake...   till last year almost every Huawei phone here got a cashback between 50 and 100 euro.....  in some countries the action is called "VIP action"  include the same 3 year warranty... but it's not everywhere avalible.

There are more brands who have a 3 year warranty,  they simply walk ahead of the new law...

Lenovo seems to leave  west europe....  they already have removed a few of devieces from the market...   even the G5 and G5plus...

I was suprised to see on their own suport page that here both as "not avalible in your country" labeld.... 

Options

684 Posts

01-30-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2061 Signins

13612 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 13612
  • Message 33 of 56

2018-02-22, 10:16 AM

wrote:

wrote:

To prevent damage to your phone,  don't carry it in your jeans pocket unprotected, a strong case will help to prevent damage or you could use a man or girl bag instead.  Man bags are quite acceptable in most parts of the enlightened world.

I find leaving my phone in a locked safe encased in concrete beneath a weighty object (small mountains are usually sufficient) offers relatively good protection. 

Back in the real world though, just applying a bit of common sense to the care of valuable technology usually does the trick :smileywink:

Thank you for the advice on how to use my phone. I think I know that cuz, I still have all my past phones all in working condition. 

That's fine, advice is free,  and if it helps others to avoid your problem then the advice is worthwhile.  You can take it or leave it.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Options

684 Posts

01-30-2018

2061 Signins

13612 Page Views

• Message 34 of 56

2018-02-22, 10:33 AM

wrote:

wrote:

I'm not aware of any brand publicising a 3 year warranty (not saying there isn't one - just I've not heard of one)

Edit - btw, the op with the problem has been conspicuously absent from this thread! Jus sayin

Huawei,   the UK is also getting some special actions from Huawei and Honnor this summer....  Huawei is using this kind of service to tak a bigger piece of the cake...   till last year almost every Huawei phone here got a cashback between 50 and 100 euro.....  in some countries the action is called "VIP action"  include the same 3 year warranty... but it's not everywhere avalible.

There are more brands who have a 3 year warranty,  they simply walk ahead of the new law...

Lenovo seems to leave  west europe....  they already have removed a few of devieces from the market...   even the G5 and G5plus...

I was suprised to see on their own suport page that here both as "not avalible in your country" labeld.... 

It's not unusual for a company to discontinue a product after 1 year in production, especially as a new model is on its way, Moto G6.  Technology moves fast, don't get left behind. ☺

Options

381 Posts

01-09-2018

243 Signins

3492 Page Views

• Message 35 of 56

2018-02-22, 10:45 AM

I said, nothing about replacing......

People simply don't buy Lenovo here....  there was a time a lot of unlocked phones where sold in combination with a pre-paid number,  you dish the sim and had a nice phone for little....  now having a subscription is so cheap pre-paid is going away pretty fast  and people go for a better phone.

Also,  the way warranty is handles (by the retailer)  the retailers are really careful what the want to sell, every bad phone cost time and money.....  take a brand like Yarvik....  did try it and git bust withing 2 years...  to many phones and tablets broke down, bad customer service with the result no retailer wanted to burn his fingers,  even an giant like Mediamarket did stop selling them....

Here people are maybe spoiled, if a brand not deliver even being cheap will not make them sell phones.

I always take the providers as example,  if they don't sell a brand it will be crap or will be a pain in the ass with service and updates...

One+ is one of them great phones, good updates but hard to get it fixed without sending it to far away.....    so no provider can afford to bundle them, they will be beaten by angry customers who have to live without there phone for weeks....

From the positive side, Lenovo do sell a lot of tablets here....   in the range under 100 euro they sell a lot of them....  old Droid  but they are working pretty well  (I use one as a weather station)  lolz

Options

684 Posts

01-30-2018

2061 Signins

13612 Page Views

• Message 36 of 56

2018-02-22, 10:53 AM

Where is here? 

Options

381 Posts

01-09-2018

243 Signins

3492 Page Views

• Message 37 of 56

2018-02-22, 10:55 AM

just below my chair, close to my desk.

Options

684 Posts

01-30-2018

2061 Signins

13612 Page Views

• Message 38 of 56

2018-02-22, 10:59 AM

That must be LaLa land.?

Options

684 Posts

01-30-2018

2061 Signins

13612 Page Views

• Message 39 of 56

2018-02-22, 11:18 AM

wrote:

wrote:

Your argument doesn't stand up in the UK.  Both the Moto g5 and G5 plus are available in most retail outlets sim free or with a contract.  Some retailers also give a 2 year warranty no questions asked if the product fails.

Options

381 Posts

01-09-2018

243 Signins

3492 Page Views

• Message 40 of 56

2018-02-22, 11:27 AM

I know,

Take the same site and try "rest of europe"    The UK is not really Europe.......  Regulations and European law are soon not anylonger a thing in GB.  Might be the reason Lenovo did pick up things. Without the EU GB is easy target for companies like Lenovo....

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms