Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aquib_khan
Paper Tape
Views: 5,765
Message 1 of 8

Moto G5 Plus: Error while searching for network

Hi, 

Yesterday night while using my moto g5 plus, phone got hanged. Once after restarting the phone it's not detecting network. Automatic network search or manual network search, nothing is working only gives error ' error while searching for network'. Tried with different sim card but no use. In other fun sim works fine. Tried resetting, factory reboot. Nothing is working. Please help.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 5,648
Message 2 of 8

Re: Moto G5 Plus: Error while searching for network

@Aquib_khan wrote:

Hi, 

Yesterday night while using my moto g5 plus, phone got hanged. Once after restarting the phone it's not detecting network. Automatic network search or manual network search, nothing is working only gives error ' error while searching for network'. Tried with different sim card but no use. In other fun sim works fine. Tried resetting, factory reboot. Nothing is working. Please help.

Hi, Aquib_khan.

We are sorry to hear about that, can you try these steps and let us know how it goes?

• Please try going to Settings> More> Cellular Network Settings> Access Point Names> Tap 3 dots> reset to default. Let me know how it goes. 
  • If the above steps do not help > please follow these steps >>>

settings > sim cards > disable the first sim > back > go to cellular networks > Preferred network type > chose 2G/3G > Back > Go to network operators > Search networks > Choose Automatically

Repeat this for the other sim, hope this helps.

Note: If none of these helps, and if you have already tried FDR without restoring apps then the only option is service/repair.

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Bishal17
What's DOS?
Views: 3,884
Message 3 of 8

I have same problem like aquib_khan..and also I tried everything what you said but it didn't work ..is there any other solution
yagh98
What's DOS?
Views: 3,363
Message 4 of 8

I also face. This problem please help me

Above solution never works
Can u suggest me another step for this bug
Suresh69
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,835
Message 5 of 8

Am also having the same problem. Actually I was travelling to Bangalore. Until I reach the city got signal and at certain point of time there is no signal at all. Initially thought of network problem. But today morning realized that the problem is with phone, not the SIM cards. They are working well in other handsets and no SIM card is working with my phone. I've followed what is suggested from the support team, but no good outcome.

My handset is Moto G5s plus.

I request support team to help with this issue.

Pandey1
What's DOS?
Views: 2,556
Message 6 of 8

Hi Lenovo team,

I purchased a Moto G5plus 7-8 months back now I am facing problem with the phone explains as below.

1. Once after phone power off/on no network detecting.

2. If trying to place a call to any number getting error message " Turn off airplane mode to make a call"  which is already turned off.

3. If trying to select the network manually getting error message " error while searching for network.

Pls help me to shortout the issue as  I am unable to use the phone.

Regards..Navin pandey

simman
What's DOS?
Views: 2,016
Message 7 of 8

Even in service center they tried and said the board has to be changed....which cost around 70-80%of the cost of mobile....

what i did was just updated form android N to O........

Rohitgbs
Paper Tape
Views: 1,170
Message 8 of 8

I have tried all steps even visited service center they said that as my mobile is US manufactured its not accepting India country code. What needs to be done
Top Kudoed Authors