Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coolhash85
Punch Card
Views: 36,105
Message 1 of 31

Moto G5 Plus : Fingerprint App Lock Support

Fingerprint is working fine to unlock phone but App Lock by Fingerprint is missing.

Hope OTA will fix it...but when???

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 35,314
Message 2 of 31

Re: Moto G5 Plus : Fingerprint App Lock Support

@coolhash85 wrote:

Fingerprint is working fine to unlock phone but App Lock by Fingerprint is missing.

Hope OTA will fix it...but when???

Hi coolhash85,

Thanks for your interest in one of our phones. Moto G5 Plus doesn't have app lock which allows apps to be secured using Fingerprint scanner.  There is Play store where you can download third party apps which suit your style and customization.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

asishkumar0608
What's DOS?
Views: 34,840
Message 3 of 31

Please give the feature with the ota update.

abhijeetthenge
What's DOS?
Views: 34,888
Message 4 of 31

Hi Jess,

Recently I have purched Moto G5 plus device. Overall perfomance of this device is good but,  I am not impress with that stock android. Just take above example for securing app with finger print there is no support in Moto G5 plus device.

There are list of app/features which should be built in device like 

Own Moto UI (Not Just Stock Android),

Note app,

File manager with FTP support and file hide facility,  

Dual App Support,

Local device phonebook facilty/app (Instead of storing all contacts to google cloud service),

Gallery app (Currently no built in gallery application available in my device),

the list is so long...

In simple words why one should go for third party application to get the experience of above listed features which could be provided bulit in. Instead of providing latest android (Stock Android) versions, Moto should first focus on making android user experience much richer.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 34,423
Message 5 of 31

@abhijeetthenge wrote:

Hi Jess,

Recently I have purched Moto G5 plus device. Overall perfomance of this device is good but,  I am not impress with that stock android. Just take above example for securing app with finger print there is no support in Moto G5 plus device.

There are list of app/features which should be built in device like 

Own Moto UI (Not Just Stock Android),

Note app,

File manager with FTP support and file hide facility,  

Dual App Support,

Local device phonebook facilty/app (Instead of storing all contacts to google cloud service),

Gallery app (Currently no built in gallery application available in my device),

the list is so long...

In simple words why one should go for third party application to get the experience of above listed features which could be provided bulit in. Instead of providing latest android (Stock Android) versions, Moto should first focus on making android user experience much richer.

Hi abhijeetthenge,

Thanks for your feedback. Motorola G5 Plus is a stock android phone which has most of all Google features. One of the benefits of Android is that it's so customizable. There are some features which one phone does have but other phones do not like One-nav bar feature of G5 Plus. This is one example of a feature which other phones don't have. Not all of those apps are very helpful for all consumers that's why Google Play Store provide apps which we can choose to install to our phones.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

coolhash85
Punch Card
Views: 34,418
Message 6 of 31

Hi Jess,

One nav bar is excellent feature and very easy to use.

But for app lock / security of Android we can not depend on third parties play store app, which can easily hacked by clearing data and cache.

"Boom" and security is blown.

Hence it must be essential feature, which you should include in next OTA update.

Other features can be manageable but "SECURITY" can't.

Hope to hear from you positively.

TheAJstyle
Paper Tape
Views: 33,608
Message 7 of 31

All these third party app are so pathetic... Not a single use.. They crashesh phone.. Pls do this. Many user facing this issue.. Like MIUI rom we want app lock inbuilt.. 

sdzshn3
Bit Torrent
Views: 33,603
Message 8 of 31

This is a interest based feature.

There are people who don't like this feature including me.

That's why Moto didn't added it.

Though you can download from play store.

Any why Moto use stock Android, the reason is most of the Moto users want to taste only real stock Android experience.

Best Regards, Syed Zeeshan.
coolhash85
Punch Card
Views: 33,599
Message 9 of 31

Hi sdzsn3,

You are absolutely right, it may be a interest based feature.

Hence moto should offer optional update (can be flash manually) for such feature, for those who are interested for that.

I'm sure for this (security) feature majority ppl are interested.

Hello Jess,

Hope you are still reading this forum messages.

I'm waiting to hear from you, specially to hear from mods​/devs/admins views realted to this feature.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 33,234
Message 10 of 31

Hi coolhash85,

I appreciate your feedback. As I mentioned in my last post, this phone is a stock android phone which has most google features. If we are going to add this feature on updates, there would be some customers who won't like to have this feature. Just an example, you want to open your camera as you don't want to miss something or you are in an event. Because you have an app lock, you have missed a specific thing you want to capture. That is why not all users would like to have this feature. I haven't heard of any phone that has all features which are available in Play Store, if there is, that phone should be called the "Super Play Store phone."

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors