cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manishojha
Paper Tape
Views: 4,198
Message 1 of 5

Moto G5 Plus || Internet Issue|| Call Drop|| SIM Slot------ Issue.

Dear Expert,

I have received the Moto g5 Plus last Friday after using 4/5 Days I am facing mentioned Issue, please clarify. 

Just for your info ... I using dual sim ( Jio-for data and Vodafone-for voice calls).

1) When I am calling to any other number or received a call from any number the "Exclamation mark appears" against both the network ( Voda & Jio) and it will only disappears when the call ends because of this I  am not able to access internet during calls and even call drop as well very frequently. I had never faced this kind of issue in past 1 year since I was using my "MI-Note-3".

2)  As per my knowledge internet should work as I am using SIM CARD 2 for data and received call in SIM CARD 1, tried may thing but always "exclamation mark appears" when I called or received the call.

3) SIMCARD 1 only showing 3G ( recommended )  not 4G option at all and SIM CARD is displaying 4G (recommended) as per MOTO G5 Plus specification both SIM CARD slots support 4G LTE.

4) I am facing Automatically shut down, even I also don’t know how and when, When I am seeing my phone found switch off.

Your reply will be highly appreciated.

Yekollu
802.11n
Views: 4,138
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moto G5 Plus || Internet Issue|| Call Drop|| SIM Slot------ Issue.

The phone can support calls and data simultaneously only on one SIM. so when you receive a call on SIM one, while you will be able to use data from SIM one you will not be able to use data on SIM two and vice verca. 

You can have 4G only on one sim! If you have 4G/LTE on SIM one then SIM two can access only 3g/2g networks and If you have 4G/LTE on SIM two then SIM one can access only 3g/2g networks. Both the SIM cards cannot access 4G/LTE simultaneously

Regarding shutdowns, how often has this happened? was it in your pocket, case or on the table or in your hand when this happened?

manishojha
Paper Tape
Views: 4,115
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the Clarification, As per your suggestion I have tested below scenario.

• I have disable the second SIM ( i.e. JIO) it means now I am using only one SIM i.e. Vodafone ( SIM Slot-1) and using the data as well from Vodafone network.
  • Called to XXX number and trying to access the Internet but again the “Exclamation mark appears” against the Vodafone network and not able to access internet ( tried many websites).
  • Than disconnected the call and the same website which I was trying to access during call,  immediately got refresh and web page opened. 

Seems like phone having issue in SIM SLOT-1, kindly suggest.

Glauco
What's DOS?
Views: 2,386
Message 4 of 5

After last Android update it starts this issue, at every call send or recieve, internet drops. Returns right after calls ends.

Sudeepta3
Paper Tape
Views: 130
Message 5 of 5

Hello Dear,

I am facing a sever and annoyed issue for last few weeks with my MotoG5 Plus and Airtel 4G SIM.

The issues are

1)When I am on call can't access data (can't send just a hello msg via whatWhat). 

2) Gets "x" like mark at the bottom of the network signal  triangular shaped which is displayed at the top of the mobile screen

3) if I  talk to someone for approximately more than 2 minutes then 4G turns to G/H

Please note that my Airtel SIM is working fine in other device like Xiaomi. There is no such above mentioned issue in Xiaomi or other 4G compatible devices

Is it Moto G5Plus and 4G SIM compatibility issue?

Can you pls suggest or help in this regard to solve the issue. Thanks in advance.

Top Kudoed Authors