Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anandvkris
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,155
Message 1 of 3

Moto G5 Plus Turbo Charging not working as advertised

I just bought a new Motorola G5 Plus and have been using for couple of days now. I charged the phone using the provided Turbo charger, but the charging is not happening as expected. The charging pace is more like 1% per minute, instead of the 50-60% charge in 15-20 minutes that is advertised. The ampere rating of the charger mentions only 1.6A, which is way less than the 3.0A for the Moto Z Play turbo charger. I think a new turbo adapter might be needed. What is interesting is that some review sites have posted of turbo charging claims, but the actual users are not getting the same. Many people seem to having this issue, so I hope there is some quick solution found to this.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,070
Message 2 of 3

Re: Moto G5 Plus Turbo Charging not working as advertised

@anandvkris wrote:

I just bought a new Motorola G5 Plus and have been using for couple of days now. I charged the phone using the provided Turbo charger, but the charging is not happening as expected. The charging pace is more like 1% per minute, instead of the 50-60% charge in 15-20 minutes that is advertised. The ampere rating of the charger mentions only 1.6A, which is way less than the 3.0A for the Moto Z Play turbo charger. I think a new turbo adapter might be needed. What is interesting is that some review sites have posted of turbo charging claims, but the actual users are not getting the same. Many people seem to having this issue, so I hope there is some quick solution found to this.

Hi anandvkris, 

May I ask for the battery level on your phone when you have this observation? If it's high, it charges more slowly. The fast charge really shows at low battery levels. 

Also, please update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone. Is it okay if we look into your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

Update your profile here

Regards,
Anne
Motorola Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,060
Message 3 of 3

Re: Moto G5 Plus Turbo Charging not working as advertised

Hi anandvkris,

In addition to that, please take a photo of the charger you are using. Does the phone say it is turbo charging when plugged in? Let me know.

Regards,
Anne
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors