Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AJB-NYC
Paper Tape
Views: 227
Message 1 of 5

Moto G5 Plus - apps using internal memory stopped working

The apps using the SD card formatted as internal memory have stopped working.  When I got to settings I can see the card and the apps that are using the SD card but when I try and use those apps they crash.  Anyone having the same issues and/or a solution?  Wondering if I can just migrate the data to the phone memory and switch the SD card to portable memory.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 112
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moto G5 Plus - apps using internal memory stopped working

@AJB-NYC wrote:

The apps using the SD card formatted as internal memory have stopped working.  When I got to settings I can see the card and the apps that are using the SD card but when I try and use those apps they crash.  Anyone having the same issues and/or a solution?  Wondering if I can just migrate the data to the phone memory and switch the SD card to portable memory.

Hi AJB-NYC,

Greetings from Motorola,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. As per my knowledge, the apps are crashing due to the required "Access" to the apps. Hence, I request you to perform the "Reset app preferences" & allow the app permissions & let us know.

Here are the steps to perform the "Reset app preferences":

Tap on Settings>>System>>Reset>>Reset app preferences>>Reset apps. (Reboot the Device)

Now, provide the permission access to the apps.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

AJB-NYC
Paper Tape
Views: 108
Message 3 of 5

Did that and didn't help, the apps that use the SD Card are still not working.

Here is the error message Evernote is showing on the screen when I try and launch it: Database Read/Write Error. Evernote is not able to open the database file. If the problem persists the please restart your device and make sure the memory card is properly mounted android.database.sqlite.SQLiteExcpeption: not an error (code 0): Could not open the database in read/write mode.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 92
Message 4 of 5

@AJB-NYC wrote:
Did that and didn't help, the apps that use the SD Card are still not working.

Here is the error message Evernote is showing on the screen when I try and launch it: Database Read/Write Error. Evernote is not able to open the database file. If the problem persists the please restart your device and make sure the memory card is properly mounted android.database.sqlite.SQLiteExcpeption: not an error (code 0): Could not open the database in read/write mode.

Hi AJB-NYC,

Thank you for trying provided checkpoints. The error A SQLite exception that indicates there was an error with SQL parsing or execution.

This error occurs usually:

1. Parse error can occur if you have made changes to the app’s manifest file like changing the Android version.
  2. It can also occur due to a corrupted .apk file or may because of a partially downloaded .apk file.
  3. Not enough permission to install third-party apps from unknown sources.
  4. A third-party security application is blocking the app installation.

In my humble opinion, in this case, an app should support downgraded one, because the host application may undergo downgrades for various reasons. Hence, we request you to Re-install the app through Play Store & let us know.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

AJB-NYC
Paper Tape
Views: 80
Message 5 of 5

I am having issues with all the apps that use the SD Card.  The other apps that I have uninstalled and tried to reinstall the reinstall has failed since their is in issue with either the SD card itself or the phone's ability to use the SD Card.  The thing is when I go to settings and look at the SD Card the phone is able to calculate the amount of space being used on the SD Card and everything.  I am thinking of trying out the following:

1) Migrate data : see if I can move the data to the Phone

2) Format as portable

I have tried ejecting and taking it out restarting, then turning off the phone and putting the SD Card back in and restarting.

I have tried turning off the phone taking out the SD card then restarting and adding the SD Card back in

Several other versions of taking out the SD Card.

Thinking the issue may be with the SD Card so wondering what would happen if I try the 2 steps above.  What happens/what are the options when you choose "Migrate data"?

Top Kudoed Authors