Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Motorola Admin
Message 1 of 15 (6,677 Views)

Moto G5 Plus - enabling 911 calling

[ Edited ]

UPDATE: The fix for this issue has been released -- please install it as soon as you receive it. You can also pull the update if you missed the notification, by going to Settings > About phone > System updates. (Verizon network.)

Once the update has been installed, you may re-enable VoLTE if you previously disabled it. 

1. In the application tray, choose the “Settings” application.
  2. Scroll down slightly and select the “... More” option.
  3. You should see “Wireless & networks” display on the title.  Now, choose the “Cellular networks” menu option.
  4. Ensure that “Enhanced 4G LTE Mode” is turned on → The slider should be to the right and green.

Thanks.

- Matt

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have identified a Motorola software issue impacting Moto G5 Plus users on the Verizon network. (This is not a Verizon issue.) Users with VoLTE enabled may be unable to make emergency (911) calls. We understand the importance of this issue and believe it’s important to disclose to our customers.

We will be issuing a fix for this issue within the next week. Please accept and install the software update as soon as it is offered on your device.

In the meantime, we recommend you take the following steps to ensure emergency calling functionality:

1. In the application tray, choose the “Settings” application.
  2. Scroll down slightly and select the “... More” option.
  3. You should see “Wireless & networks” display on the title.  Now, choose the “Cellular networks” menu option.
  4. Ensure that “Enhanced 4G LTE Mode” is turned off → The slider should be to the left and gray.

With VoLTE off, you will not be able to use voice and data at the same time. As soon as we’ve delivered the fix, you can resume using this feature.

Note: these instructions are not necessary -- and won't appear as described -- if you do not have VoLTE enabled on your account. You will not have any issues with 911 calls. 

We're sorry for the inconvenience and we're committed to getting this corrected as quickly as possible.

- Matt

Paper Tape
Message 2 of 15 (6,528 Views)

Re: Moto G5 Plus on Verizon - enabling 911 calling

Thanks Matt for acknowledging the problem, but your instructions do not work on my Moto G5 Plus on the Verizon Network.  Specifically, the option you mentioned is not available on the "Cellular network settings" menu - see screenshot. Screenshot_20170419-114040.png

Motorola Admin
Message 3 of 15 (6,273 Views)

FtLaudMale wrote:

Thanks Matt for acknowledging the problem, but your instructions do not work on my Moto G5 Plus on the Verizon Network.  Specifically, the option you mentioned is not available on the "Cellular network settings" menu - see screenshot.

Is your SIM provisioned for advanced calling? You would have to ask Verizon if it is or not. 

Also, can you confirm where you bought the phone?

Thanks.

Paper Tape
Message 4 of 15 (4,661 Views)

I checked my Verizon account online and disabled "HD Voice" / "VoLTE".

I Purchased my Moto G5 Plus at local Best Buy store.

Highlighted
Paper Tape
Message 5 of 15 (4,604 Views)

[ Edited ]

Double Post.

Paper Tape
Message 6 of 15 (4,604 Views)

MattForumsMngr wrote:

FtLaudMale wrote:

Thanks Matt for acknowledging the problem, but your instructions do not work on my Moto G5 Plus on the Verizon Network.  Specifically, the option you mentioned is not available on the "Cellular network settings" menu - see screenshot.

Is your SIM provisioned for advanced calling? You would have to ask Verizon if it is or not. 

Thanks.

I don't have this setting either and I believe it is because I never enabled VoLTE in my Verizon account settings. This setting also never appeared on my Nexus 5X. It does show on a Droid Maxx 2 though but that is a Verizon phone where the G5 and Nexus phones are unlocked.

Motorola Admin
Message 7 of 15 (4,589 Views)

goofygrape wrote:

MattForumsMngr wrote:

FtLaudMale wrote:

Thanks.

I don't have this setting either and I believe it is because I never enabled VoLTE in my Verizon account settings. This setting also never appeared on my Nexus 5X. It does show on a Droid Maxx 2 though but that is a Verizon phone where the G5 and Nexus phones are unlocked.

Thanks - that's the key. If you don't have VoLTE enabled this should not impact you.

- Matt

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 8 of 15 (2,483 Views)

Re: Moto G5 Plus - enabling 911 calling

I am using Straight Talk through VZW and do not see this setting. Surely I am not effected. Thanks for keeping us informed. It says plenty about the people that work for Motorola.
Paper Tape
Message 9 of 15 (2,471 Views)

I just downloaded and installed the fix for this.

Thanks

/Tom

Fanfold Paper
Message 10 of 15 (2,048 Views)

I just received the push notification and installed it.  Many thanks for this update.