Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goofygrape
Vacuum Tubes
Views: 2,872
Message 11 of 25

Re: Moto G5 Plus - enabling 911 calling

Thanks to Moto for issuing a patch so quickly. Too bad security patches take so long to get issued.
goofygrape
Vacuum Tubes
Views: 2,729
Message 12 of 25

Even though I downloaded and installed the 911 patch I keep getting Moto alerts that tell me I can't use VoLTE because of the 911 issue. Was the issued patch problematic? I enabled VoLTE after I installed the patch to try it out. I've disabled it again pending getting this sorted out.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 2,658
Message 13 of 25

@goofygrape wrote:

Even though I downloaded and installed the 911 patch I keep getting Moto alerts that tell me I can't use VoLTE because of the 911 issue. Was the issued patch problematic? I enabled VoLTE after I installed the patch to try it out. I've disabled it again pending getting this sorted out.

Can you post a screen shot of the alert? I know we did a single push of the message so if you are getting multiple messages I would need to investigate why that might happen. Thanks.

Motorola Admin
Views: 2,655
Message 14 of 25

@MattForumsMngr wrote:

@goofygrape wrote:

Can you post a screen shot of the alert? I know we did a single push of the message so if you are getting multiple messages I would need to investigate why that might happen. Thanks.

Okay, was able to confirm that the Verizon notification went out twice. Can you confirm that, or have you received it more than twice? Thanks and sorry about that!

- Matt

goofygrape
Vacuum Tubes
Views: 2,645
Message 15 of 25

Hey Matt,

The timeline was:

I got the first alert.

One or two days later I got notified that a patch was available. I downloaded and installed the patch.

I enabled VoLTE to try it out because I never bothered to enable it.

The next day when I turned on my phone I got another alert which seemed identical to the first alert.

I disabled VoLTE not knowing if there was still an ongoing issue or not.

I have not recieved any further notifications regarding this issue.

VoLTE is still disabled.

Thanks for following up. Can G5 users safely assume VoLTE is ok to enable again? I guess you have determined that there was a repeat alert sent out so that seems to explain it.

Thanks again.

Motorola Admin
Views: 2,554
Message 16 of 25

Oops. Sorry for the delayed response.

Yes, if you have received the over-the-air update you are fine to re-enable VoLTE. 

Apologies again for the confusion!

- Matt

goofygrape
Vacuum Tubes
Views: 2,549
Message 17 of 25

Sounds good. Thanks!

KPrimeau1
SCSI Port
Views: 2,497
Message 18 of 25

I'm on Straight Talk via VZW and have downloaded & applied OTA update. I've since tried to use the internet while on the phone (wireless earpiece) with success. Calls are clearer, also.

Thanks for the fix. 

When I was connected to the wireless earpiece, the internet reception gauge had a little sliver line in the last/longest side. Might be a Wi-Fi connected icon that I haven't noticed before. 

BGronau
Paper Tape
Views: 2,481
Message 19 of 25

Re: Moto G5 Plus on Verizon - enabling 911 calling

You have to enable it via Verizon.  Then it will appear as an option on your phone.  It's in the products and apps section of Verizon and called "HD Voice"

WARNING... if you enable HD Voice on your Verizon account, your call quality will be HORRIBLE on the Moto G5 Plus.  I just tried it again yesterday (May 1).

Hannan
Paper Tape
Views: 2,287
Message 20 of 25

No idea 

Hannan
Top Kudoed Authors