Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Yash313
Paper Tape
Views: 4,681
Message 1 of 10

Moto G5 Plus file manager's remote management

I have an issue with File Manager's Remote management. whenever i try to connect my phone to the laptop with the help of a common wifi which is supported by remote management. the file manager gives a unique ftp:// address which we are supposed to insert in our my computer address link. however, it asks for username and password. even after inserting my username and password of the wifi it does not get connected. can somebody tell me what exactly am i supposed to insert a username and password?  

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,659
Message 2 of 10

Re: Moto G5 Plus file manager's remote management

Hi Yash313,

What specific app are you using? For the username/password, that is like a setting for that 3rd party app.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

Yash313
Paper Tape
Views: 4,641
Message 3 of 10

I am not using any third party app. i am using moto's file manager. My laptop is asking for the username and password after typing the ftp:// link given by my handset in my computer address link. 

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 4,637
Message 4 of 10

@Yash313 wrote:

I am not using any third party app. i am using moto's file manager. My laptop is asking for the username and password after typing the ftp:// link given by my handset in my computer address link. 

I just tested this on my G5 Plus and I was able to browse the files correctly. Upon starting the connection you're prompted to create a login/password. If that's not working then disconnect on via the Remote Manager > Menu (3 dots on top right) > Clear login password > Menu (3 dots on top right) > Set password. Try setting the new username/password and try connecting again.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,309
Message 5 of 10

@MotorolaTom wrote:

@Yash313 wrote:

I just tested this on my G5 Plus and I was able to browse the files correctly. Upon starting the connection you're prompted to create a login/password. If that's not working then disconnect on via the Remote Manager > Menu (3 dots on top right) > Clear login password > Menu (3 dots on top right) > Set password. Try setting the new username/password and try connecting again.

-Tom

@thanks for that info @MotorolaTom!  I was about to create a new topic in the Moto Z Force community and figured I should search first.  I wasn't able to connect my phone & laptop using Remote Management over the past weekend.  I saw this post and cleared the old password I set (couldn't remember setting one) and it's working correctly now.  Good deal. Robot Happy

~Scott
AdautomotoG4
What's DOS?
Views: 3,749
Message 6 of 10

Thank you very much for solve this disgusting issue. Even the Brazilian Motorola Support was not able to solve it. I spend most of yesterday unsuccesfully by trying to find out what username and password I should use. I download many Apps on my device as well programs on my desktop which had no use for that. Thank you all, support and the user which post this issue.

AdautomotoG4
What's DOS?
Views: 3,747
Message 7 of 10

Now, it is possible see all folders on my desktop as well on my Moto G4 Play, though I still don´t find out how to delete a certain folder on my desktop (please, see the screenshot). Thanks in advance for any additional help.

TheSoupThief
Token Ring
Views: 3,728
Message 8 of 10

Hey! That's clever! Never noticed this functionality in the Moto File Manager app.

Very handy. Thanks Motorol Atom Smiley Tongue

Shyam316
Paper Tape
Views: 568
Message 9 of 10

Sir, I have seen in the options (3dots) there is no clear password
Shyam316
Paper Tape
Views: 568
Message 10 of 10