NO

7 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 7

Moto G5 Plus keeps freezing and unexpectedly restarting

2020-11-20, 15:40 PM

Hello group!

Lately I've been having problems with my smartphone. It would randomly and suddenly freeze and become unresponsive. The only solution for me to be able to use my phone again is to force it to restart. When I charge my phone over the night, it turns itself off and I wake up to a dead phone. 

I've already booted the phone in "safe mode" to check if one of the apps is causing the issue and also done "Factory Reset", but the issue persists. Has anyone else had this problem? And what did you do to solve it? Is this a hardware issue?

Solved! See the solution
Options

11395 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1163 Signins

157735 Page Views

• Views: 157735
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:Moto G5 Plus keeps freezing and unexpectedly restarting

2020-11-20, 21:53 PM

Hi Silfsurf,

I would like to help you with this. I appreciate the troubleshooting you've tried? Did you restore your apps/files after doing factory data reset? If so, we recommend not restoring them. Also, if you have an SD card, kindly remove it. I've seen some solved it after removing sd card (corrupted sd card). See if that helps. Otherwise, try using LMSA Rescue and Smart Assistant.

Download Rescue here.

How to use LMSA > Rescue function? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

5 Posts

11-09-2020

NO

7 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2020-11-24, 15:06 PM

Thank for the help. 

Yeah, I did restore my apps/files after doing the factory data reset. I've heard that it could just transfer the issue to the reset phone. But can I then restore my apps/files at a later point? I do need them in my phone. 

I have tried detaching the SD card through the phone earlier, but it didn't work but perhaps physically removing it does the trick. 

I can trye using Rescue. Is it free? 

Options

11395 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1163 Signins

157735 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2020-11-24, 17:52 PM

Hi Silfsurf,

Thanks for confirming. Yes, Rescue & Smart Assistant is free. You just need to download it in your PC, connect your phone via USB and you can utilize the Rescue function. Please backup your files but we recommend not restoring them right away. We need to observe the phone without any files and third-party apps installed. See if there's improvement. Please let me know how it goes. I will be waiting for your response.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

5 Posts

11-09-2020

NO

7 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2020-11-24, 17:55 PM

Ok, thanks. I will check this out. I was told that my device might be suffering from a failing battery. Could this be the case too?

Options

5 Posts

11-09-2020

NO

7 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2020-11-25, 15:55 PM

Just wanted to let you know that I tried this softfare to fix my phone and now it's working perfectly again. Thank you!

Options

11395 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1163 Signins

157735 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2020-11-25, 17:01 PM

Hi Silfsurf,

Excellent! I'm glad to be of help.  I'm glad the troubleshooting works for you. Please keep observing this and should you need help in the future, please do not hesitate to post back. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete