Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

19 Posts

12-08-2017

United States of America

25 Signins

218 Page Views

• Views: 218
  • Message 1 of 2

Moto G5 Plus not immediately waking up

2019-03-22, 17:29 PM

I have a Moto G5 Plus with Android version 8.1.0. Recently (and possibly since I installed the February 1, 2019 security patch), my phone is not immediately waking up when I tap the power button or fingerprint sensor. I have to tap multiple times before the phone screen comes on. This only happens when the phone is asleep. Once I have the screen on, I can toggle it on and off no problem with the power button or fingerprint sensor. Thanks!

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Moto G5 Plus not immediately waking up

2019-03-22, 21:57 PM

wrote:

I have a Moto G5 Plus with Android version 8.1.0. Recently (and possibly since I installed the February 1, 2019 security patch), my phone is not immediately waking up when I tap the power button or fingerprint sensor. I have to tap multiple times before the phone screen comes on. This only happens when the phone is asleep. Once I have the screen on, I can toggle it on and off no problem with the power button or fingerprint sensor. Thanks!

Have you tested in safe mode? It sounds like some app running in the background

To reboot into safe mode, tap the power button until you see power off on screen. Then tap and hold power off (on screen) and a new menu will appear to reboot into safe mode.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms