Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jruber
What's DOS?
Views: 7,171
Message 1 of 42

Moto G5 Plus not receiving incoming calls intermittently

I have a G5 Plus with Mint Mobile and have been working with the wireless carrier to try and resolve this. I have reset the phone, they have verified that my sim settings are correct for the carrier. The wireless provider claims that I am missing calls because I am using WiFi and that this is a common problem for this phone. He says the only way to currently resolve this issue is to turn off WiFi permanently. I only have a small amount of data on my plan and am locked in for five more months. The support person says that he has a group of clients using the same phone that are having the same problem since the last software update. Is anyone else having this problem? Motorola says the only thing they know to do is to do a hard reset and hope for the best.

Adacosx
Punch Card
Views: 6,998
Message 2 of 42

Re: Moto G5 Plus not receiving incoming calls intermittently

I am having a similar problem. Since the last update I am having issues. I have ruled out the actual network of my carrier. My signal is constantly dropping. I will have a full signal but when I try to make or receive a call the signal is gone.

rixseixe
What's DOS?
Views: 6,985
Message 3 of 42

I have a similar issue. Using Mint SIM. I am able to make outgoing calls but incoming calls do not come through. After a restart of the phone the calls do come in. The phone has good signals and of course the WiFi is turned on.

I also would like to know if the Android Version currently 7..0 with Security patch level dating Mar 1, 2018 will be upgaded to 8.0?

Adacosx
Punch Card
Views: 6,925
Message 4 of 42

I am also having the same problem for the last 2 weeks. Sim card works fine in another phone.

Former Employee
Views: 6,878
Message 5 of 42

Hi, All.

Thank you for reporting the issue, this is strange, I personally do not think that wifi could cause an issue related to incoming calls? However, we have shared your details with our product team who will further investigate the same.

We will keep you posted once we have an update in regards to the same.

Thanks,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
ROY_ROSENTHAL
Paper Tape
Views: 6,806
Message 6 of 42

Hi.

I am using the G5+ on Mint and have the problem of incoming calls going straight to voicemail intermittintly. It has happened when I am connected to wi-fi and when I am not, so I agree with you that wi-fi is not the problem.

I think that Mint is suggesting turning wi-fi calling off, not the basic data conncetion to wi-fi.

I contacted the Mint co-founder who replied that they are finding that most of their customers who have this problem are using Moto G5 series phones and therefore he believes it is a proble that only Motorola can fix. There are indeed several Mint users who are having this problem while using G5+ phones.

Any response from the Product Team?

Former Employee
Views: 6,752
Message 7 of 42

Hello, ROY_ROSENTHAL

We want to look further into this, if you can update your profile with the IMEI of your device, this can help us investigate and see what's causing the disconnect. Also, kindly send a bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state.

Here's how:
Note: Capture the report right after the issue happened.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
ROY_ROSENTHAL
Paper Tape
Views: 6,731
Message 8 of 42

I updated my IMEI as requested. I don't get voice calls very often and the problem happens intermittently, so it may be a while before the problem happens again. Whenever it does, I'll send the results.

Former Employee
Views: 6,705
Message 9 of 42

@ROY_ROSENTHAL wrote:

I updated my IMEI as requested. I don't get voice calls very often and the problem happens intermittently, so it may be a while before the problem happens again. Whenever it does, I'll send the results.

Thank you for updating your profile, sure do let us know once you are able to replicate the same and capture the Bug report right after the issue appears and share us the observation.

Regards,

Swaraj

ROY_ROSENTHAL
Paper Tape
Views: 6,647
Message 10 of 42

I had a call go straight to a missed call notification this morning around 8:43 Mountain time. I believe that it was a spam call with a spoofed local number but it still should have rung. There was no message. Google voice notified me immediately of the missed call. I did the bug report. Here is the link to the zip file on my Google Drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ETdIv-vxgIa2dOOfSDMfGbbZFW2Ao6Mc/view?usp=sharing

Let me know if you have any trouble accessing it.

Top Kudoed Authors