Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NatsB
Paper Tape
Views: 1,710
Message 21 of 42

Re: Moto G5 Plus not receiving incoming calls intermittently

For the past few months my MotoG5 intermittently does not receive calls.  Sometimes it goes straight to voicemail with no missed call notification on the phones while other times I have missed calls when the phone was in my hands and did not ring. 

Also, when making calls the signal drops during the dialing process.  Sometimes I need to try 3 of 4 times before the during his through.

Thanks

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,682
Message 22 of 42

Hi NatsB, 

I am really sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your Moto 5 Plus. 

Have you discussed the matter with your network provider? And if so, what was the outcome?

Thanks, 

Sara

NatsB
Paper Tape
Views: 1,673
Message 23 of 42

Hi Sara

Yes I have worked with my network provider and the conclusion is that it's a phone problem. We tried the Sim in a different phone and it worked. We tried a new Sim in the Moto G5s plus and the problem persists.

Thanks
sparkyg5
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,639
Message 24 of 42

I must not be a WiFi issue.  I turned off my WiFI and it didn't make a difference, still missing calls.  The phone seems to receive calls again if I turn Airplane Mode on and then off again.

I'm using Mint Mobile and my wife is using Mint Mobile as well with a Samsung Galaxy S7 with absolutely no issues.

I've contacted Motorola and a new phone is on the way, hope it works better.

sparkyg5
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,593
Message 25 of 42

I have the same problem with a Mint and a Moto g5.  I just replaced the g5 under warranty and it still has the same issue.

- So I took the existing Mint simcard and put it in an old HTC One M9, after about 24 hours it started missing calls as well.  Like the Moto g5, the only way to fix it was to switch to Airplane Mode and back.

- So then I took the existing Mint simcard and put it in a ZTE Z222 flip phone.  It worked fine for about the first 24 hours then it started missing calls.  Switching to Airplane Mode and back didn't fix it, I had to power it off and then on again.

- I also took a new "1 week free trial" Mint simcard and put it in the new Moto g5, and just like clockwork it started missing calls within 24 hours.

After testing (2) Mint simcards in (3) different phones I had the same problems with all (3) phones.

Also, Mint had given me some codes to enter to ensure calls don't go to voicemail too soon, I tried the codes in all (3) phones and all (3) phones still missed calls.

My wife is using a Mint simcard in her Galaxy S7 with no problems at all, go figure...?

My conclusion, the (2) Mint simcards I had consistently had problems.  I had used H2O wireless with all (3) phones prior to switching to Mint and never had an issue.  Time to switch back to H2O.

Nozkcb
What's DOS?
Views: 1,559
Message 26 of 42

I have also recently started having this issue. It seemed to be happening when I was on wifi and when I was told by people their calls went to VM, I turned off wifi and was able to receive calls. Maybe because this is an intermittent issue, I was just coincidentally receiving calls again. Regardless, this is a serious problem that needs to be resolved immediately!

Phones that only intermittently work is unacceptable. 

Venkatbollu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,075
Message 27 of 42

I am facing the same issue as everyone but my observation is little different. Initially I thought it is the service provider and ruled it out and even changed it. Now on a different provider and still the same issue. I call my own number from my wife's phone at times and see it is heading straight to voicemail. The this what I do, call any other number including voicemail number and then I will start receiving the text messages from my voicemail number. Pretty odd. You just need to make an outgoing call to be on the carrier network again. I thought upgrading to Oreo fixes. But Moto should solve this now.

sparkyg5
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,059
Message 28 of 42

This is an update to my post in July.  Mint suggested that I try changing my "cellular network setting" from "LTE" to "3G".  Since making that change I don't believe I've had any calls go directly to voicemail.  Not at all happy about using 3G though.

But now within the last several weeks I've noticed that I don't have the "voicemail indicator" at the top of the screen when I do miss a call. 

At this point I don't know the source of this missed call issue, but I'll be switching providers as soon as my mint subscription expires.

Venkatbollu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,053
Message 29 of 42

@sparkyg5, that's nothing with service provider, I was in the same impression earlier but after switching I am still facing the issue. It's Moto g5 discouraged me very badly to even consider future purchases. May be this is the last Moto phone I use.

Lmeenan
What's DOS?
Views: 918
Message 30 of 42

Is there anything new for This issue, my phone just started not receiving texts or calls. I just did the bug report as well

Top Kudoed Authors