Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
onnha
Fanfold Paper
Views: 668
Message 31 of 42

Re: Moto G5 Plus not receiving incoming calls intermittently

I have a G4+ with the same issue. I've done everything.. Removed and reinstalled the SIM card and other SIM cards NUMEROUS times. Still NO service. Everytime I try and place a call or text it keeps saying "Turn off airplane mode" even when the airplane mode icon is OFF..  I've rebooted the phone.. I've done 2X factiry resets. I've deleted the partion. I've cleared cache.   I've basically now have a small tablet with NO service with no calling or text capabilities. And both my cell phone carrier (total wireless) and Lenovo cannot help me. Why can't this be addressed? 

I've done all of the turn off/on location scanning. All of the turn off bluetooth and Wifi. I've done everything but hit the phone with a sledgehammer... Hmmmm 

LouP
Paper Tape
Views: 530
Message 32 of 42

This is not a new problem. It's been here since this junk phone came out. They've blamed other aps and all sorts of things. None of the soulutions have worked that I've seen. Updated android versions and still the same. You may find out later that somebody called.  They should put in on the phone box..."Great product for everyting but a phone". Do not expect to get calls on this piece of s--t.

LouP
Paper Tape
Message 33 of 42

I've had the same problem since I've had the phone.. I've done your solution with the same results my conclusion? Buy a different brand of phone. They act like they care but all they've done is listen. What a crappy product.

LouP
Paper Tape
Message 34 of 42

Great reply Sara. Did you just start working there. This problem has been there since the phone has been out. Blame the carrier, blame the aps, blame the user. This many people? Best solution is to buy a differwent brand of phone that works as a phone.

JeffScottsdale
Paper Tape
Views: 276
Message 35 of 42

I constantly have people tell me my phone does not ring and goes into voice mail or nothing. I do not get a showing on my call log. Seems similar to everyone else. I have a Moto G5 unlocked on TMobile. Very frustrating. I have tried cell phone network preferred and wi fi preferred settings. Both ways I miss intermittent incoming calls. Also I often lose calls in session and get a "turn airplane mode off" notice and the phone was not in airplane mode. I believe I will have to go to another phone. I need a phone that works dependably. I have read everyone elses similar stories, and sounds like no solutions. 

Former Employee
Views: 249
Message 36 of 42

@JeffScottsdale wrote:

I constantly have people tell me my phone does not ring and goes into voice mail or nothing. I do not get a showing on my call log. Seems similar to everyone else. I have a Moto G5 unlocked on TMobile. Very frustrating. I have tried cell phone network preferred and wi fi preferred settings. Both ways I miss intermittent incoming calls. Also I often lose calls in session and get a "turn airplane mode off" notice and the phone was not in airplane mode. I believe I will have to go to another phone. I need a phone that works dependably. I have read everyone elses similar stories, and sounds like no solutions. 

Hi JeffScottsdale,

Sorry to hear about the ongoing issue you have been facing. We would like to help. Just to narrow down--we would like to know, what does the 'other end' caller here when--you think the device does not ring or goes to voice mail.

Have you noticed signal drops on your device or any error? Did you try to get in touch with your respective network provider to see what they say about this? If yes, what did they say?

Are you able to replicate this by calling from another device to your own number?

Please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. Settings > Systems > Motorola Privacy > Enable.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
cvhmanchester
Paper Tape
Views: 134
Message 37 of 42

I have a G5s.

About 1 in 10 calls (in and out going), there is a peculiar fault.

When the call is first connected, the other person cannot hear me. If I then disconnect and ring back immediately, the connection is made correctly.  This happens apparently at random, unpredictably.

It is a pain which has been going on for a year, after upgrading the OS, hard resets, change of operator etc.  Is there a solution?  Otherwise, I shall change to another phone and manufacturer fairly soon.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 103
Message 38 of 42

@cvhmanchester wrote:

I have a G5s.

About 1 in 10 calls (in and out going), there is a peculiar fault.

When the call is first connected, the other person cannot hear me. If I then disconnect and ring back immediately, the connection is made correctly.  This happens apparently at random, unpredictably.

It is a pain which has been going on for a year, after upgrading the OS, hard resets, change of operator etc.  Is there a solution?  Otherwise, I shall change to another phone and manufacturer fairly soon.

Hi cvhmanchester,

Thanks for posting and letting us know. May I know which carrier are you using? Are you using VoLTE or Wi-Fi calling? 

Also, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link - https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

cvhmanchester
Paper Tape
Views: 95
Message 39 of 42

Thank you

I have updated my profile as suggested and accepted the default privacy settings. You can look at the apps on my phone. I do not keep anything personally significant on the phone.

I now use Virgin Mobile (and used BT mobile up to October) in the UK and use the normal 4G connection through the SIM.  I do not use Wifi for my calls.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 44
Message 40 of 42

@cvhmanchester wrote:

Thank you

I have updated my profile as suggested and accepted the default privacy settings. You can look at the apps on my phone. I do not keep anything personally significant on the phone.

I now use Virgin Mobile (and used BT mobile up to October) in the UK and use the normal 4G connection through the SIM.  I do not use Wifi for my calls.

Hi cvhmanchester,

Thanks for the info. We would like to investigate it further, so I want you to send a Bug Report for this--

1.  Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]

2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.

3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.

6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

7. Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the Bug Report on the forums in a reply or via a private message.

8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time. 

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Top Kudoed Authors