Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

09-15-2018

United States of America

1 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 11 of 14

Re: Moto G5 Plus periodically won't make or receive calls on Verizon

2018-09-15, 21:13 PM

we are using Verizon and could send and receive text but could not call or receive call last night.  We could use Skype to call and receive calls via Wifi.

We tried reset the phone a few times, nothing worked.

We went to a local Verizon store and were able to call and receive call there.  But when we got gome, we still could not call or receive calls.  We called Verizon and they claimed that the network is fine but said they will investigate and gave us a ticket number.

any suggestions?

Thanks.

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 12 of 14

2018-09-17, 15:40 PM

Hi lumingshih,

Thanks for posting here. I'd like to confirm, are you only having an issue using Skype? Have you tried and checked if the network is working with other apps? Also, please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

02-11-2019

United States of America

3 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 13 of 14

2019-02-11, 22:17 PM

So I have this same issue and I don't seem to have the "Advanced Calling" feature.  I purchased this phone because I loved my previous Motorola phone and I love everything about this phone EXCEPT that I am having issues making and receiving calls and I, too, am never on the 4G LTE according to my little bar icon.  I purchased this phone because it was the US version that was supposed to work on the Verizon network.  I did tons of research to make sure that's the phone I purchased.  Is there any way to get the "Advanced Calling" feature added?  I saw on another post in a forum here that one person didn't have it one day and the next day it was an option, which makes me think it can be added.  Can someone from Motorola help me?  I will update my profile per the instructions you game to this person who's post I am tagging onto.

Options

3 Posts

04-16-2019

United States of America

4 Signins

85 Page Views

• Views: 85
  • Message 14 of 14

2019-04-16, 6:53 AM

Verizon keeps trying to blame Motorola.  But here is the truth as I found about today... long story of deceptive practices by Verizon....I just recently moved four phones from T mobile to Verizon.  Big mistake... after being lied to repeatedly by Verizon finally got a level 2 tech to tell me partial truths.  Here is what I know as of today.  One is Verizon does not disclose verbally or in writing that 5 key features will not work if you bring your unlocked phone to Verizon.  They do this so that you will buy one of their phones that is virtually identical to the Moto you now have.  I had WiFi calling on T Mobile.  When I switched to Verizon the feature and my phones menus were charged when the new SIM card initialized.  The Wi Fi calling option disappeared from my menu.  At first Verizon told me my new G6 was broken... then when I told them it was unlikely that the four new phones I moved to Verizon all broke at the same time they told me bring it to the store we can fix... that did Not work either.  Fianly a tech told me Verizon made a business decision to try to force new customers bringing a phone unlocked to buy a Verizon phone.  Bottom line they have disabled my new phone and are holding me hostage to buy a new phone and throw away my new phone I bought from Costco.  The most serious part of their plan is they are not disclosing that they are disabling your phone features.  In California that is a violation of the law.  Today Verizon told me they don’t care if they are violating the law.  So I have no choice but to go back to TMobile of ATT,  How many customers have been lied to and accepted the lie and bought a new phone because Verizon told them their phone was broken when in reality it was not.  Very deceptive business practices.  I am looking for a class action lawyer to file on behalf of all customers who were not informed of the loss they would face if they switched to Verizon.  I will also be submitting a complaint to the appropriate office here in California.  I would suggest if those who have been deceived by Verizon do the same in your state.  I gave Verizon the benefit of the doubt and asked them to show me in the contract where they said that features that my phone has would be disabled.  They could not and would not.  I guess that is the way of the future as companies become larger they think they can cheat and lie and pay the fine if they get caught.  Please don’t put up with this deception.  Fight back against corruption and dishonesty 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms