cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto_G5S_Pune
Paper Tape
Views: 696
Message 1 of 4

Moto G5 Plus phone keeps switching off after a many factory resets.

Hello fellow board members and Support team,

Since yesterday, My phone started shutting down, It wount start even if

- Battery is 100%

- restarted many times.

- atleast 3 factory resets in 12 hrs.

It would start when plugged to charger, but then it would shut down automatically within 10 mins.

Please help.

Aniruddha

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 666
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moto G5 Plus phone keeps switching off after a many factory resets.

@Moto_G5S_Pune wrote:

- Battery is 100%

- restarted many times.

It would start when plugged to charger, but then it would shut down automatically within 10 mins.

Please help.

Aniruddha

Hi Aniruddha,

Sorry to know this, I feel like a bad battery, have you tried to calibrate the battery? Try doing a Battery Calibration first and observe. It's best to do this at night before you go to sleep: To calibrate the battery, press and hold the Power button until the screen goes dark, about 7-10 seconds When the screen goes dark, release the Power button and the phone will automatically reboot. Plug the phone in and let it charge overnight. This process will reset the battery table and allow the phone to calibrate overnight.

A lot of factors come into play when it comes to the battery performance of the phone. Actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network configuration, the age of the battery, operating temperature, features selected, device settings, voice, data, and other application usage patterns.

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

Moto_G5S_Pune
Paper Tape
Views: 565
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for replying.

No luck. I gave this phone to Service center in pune, they said they tried everything, even replacing the battery. But phone is giving same problem.

Today I talked with Motorola online chat person, he said no replacement is possible even if the phone is in warrenty. following is chat with the person.

Srinivasa (Listening)

Srinivasa: Hi, my name is Srinivasa. How may I help you?

Aniruddha kULKARNI: Hello,

Srinivasa: Welcome to Lenovo and Motorola customer support. I'm glad to have you on this chat today.

Aniruddha kULKARNI: I purchased Moto G5S Plus in May.

Aniruddha kULKARNI: now it has started giving problmes, like always shutting down randomly.

Srinivasa: I am really sorry to know that you are facing problem with your phone.
 Srinivasa: You don't have to worry, I will be glad to assist you and arrive at the best resolution today.

Srinivasa: Before we proceed further with the chat, we would request you to provide your contact number in case of follow-up required.

Aniruddha kULKARNI: 9850xxxxx, Pune

Srinivasa: Thank you for the information. 

Srinivasa: Since when you are facing this issue? 

Aniruddha kULKARNI: last month

Srinivasa: Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far?

Aniruddha kULKARNI: I gave this mobile to Lenovo service station in Pune, but after servicing the problem still exists.

Aniruddha kULKARNI: They said they changed battery, installed software many times.

Srinivasa: May I know when the device was repaired? 

Aniruddha kULKARNI: last week

Srinivasa: May I have the IMEI number please? 

Aniruddha kULKARNI: I don't have it right now.. today morning i again gave my mobile to same service station

Aniruddha kULKARNI: I purchased it on Amazon, i can give you order number

Srinivasa: Is the device in service station now? 

Aniruddha kULKARNI: Yes

Srinivasa: Thank you for the information. 

Srinivasa: How may I assist you with that? 

Aniruddha kULKARNI: I wanted to know how can i send the device for replacement. I am tired now

Aniruddha kULKARNI: I need device replacement

Srinivasa: I am sorry, there is no replacement option. 

Srinivasa: The service centre will try all the options to fix the issue. 

Srinivasa: If still the issue persists, they will help you with further steps as per warranty. 

Srinivasa: However, there is no option to send for replacement now. 

Aniruddha kULKARNI: I have recorded every instance of the problem, at my side and at service center side. I should get an option for replacement. Please understand the gravity of this request and answer you are giving here.

Srinivasa: I do understand your concern. 

Srinivasa: However, as per our warranty policy repair is the only option now. 

Srinivasa: We cannot provide replacement at this point. 

Aniruddha kULKARNI: In todays world saying "No option for replacement" is funny.. there is so much competetion out there.. and this attitude Moto can not afford.. 

Tcoie
Blue Screen Again
Views: 106
Message 4 of 4

I purchased a new G5s last April. I was on this forum last October after I upgraded to the current Android OS. Since that upgrade my phone regularly automatically powers off. I have tried all the solutions provided and was advised by your agent to buy a new device. Seems this is A very general issue with the G5 and some friends have had their devices replaced. I am still in warrantee and wish to know do I return the device for replacement to Lenovo or your reseller . I also have intermittent charging issues which is becoming quiet annoying .

@Moto_G5S_Pune wrote:

- Battery is 100%

- restarted many times.

Please help.

Aniruddha

Tom Dublin Ireland .

Top Kudoed Authors