Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vitolrosario
Paper Tape
Views: 365
Message 1 of 2

Moto G5 Plus turned off while charging overnight and wont turn on

Last night i left my phone charging using my typical charger but when i woke up and check it was off, when i tried to turn it on it goes on the boot animation and when it gets to the lenovo logo it vibrates and turns off by itself (no bootloop). I also noticed that when connected to power it says (Charging will continue when the phone has cooldown) but the phone is not hot at all, it's been like 3 hours from this and still thinks it's hot for some reason, maybe it's a battery problem?. 

Things i've tried:

Boot into fastboot and boot from there

Boot into recovery and wipe cache

Boot into recovery and mount system

Long press the power button 

Nothing has worked so far, my last option is to reset the device but i have hope that i can fix it without doing that since i have a lot of photos and chats that i need to back up.

i haven't seen anyone on any forum with this issue so i'm clueless right now, any thoughts?

vitolrosario
Paper Tape
Views: 38
Message 2 of 2

Re: Moto G5 Plus turned off while charging overnight and wont turn on

In case someone is wondering, 24 hours later i tried to start the phone and it booted normally like nothing happen.

Not sure if at some point it overheated while charging overnight and then cooled down and the software though it was still hot...

Top Kudoed Authors