Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Highlighted
Paper Tape
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎03-24-2017
Location: IN
Message 1 of 261 (15,764 Views)

Moto G5 Plus - wifi problem

[ Edited ]

Hi, 

 

My wifi disconnects automatically even signal is high and connects after sometime. The wifi range is also very less compared to my old phone. Please help me with the issue ASAP. 

 

Thanks in advance

Senior MotoAgent
Posts: 1,313
Registered: ‎01-16-2017
Location: PH
Message 2 of 261 (15,438 Views)

Re: Moto G5 Plus - wifi problem


tharun53 wrote:

Hi, 

 

My wifi disconnects automatically even signal is high and connects after sometime. The wifi range is also very less compared to my old phone. Please help me with the issue ASAP. 

 

Thanks in advance


Hi tharun53,

 

Have you checked if Wifi scanning is disabled? You can go to Settings > Scroll down to Location > Tap 3 dots > Tap Scanning > Turn off Wifi Scanning.

 

 

Regards,
Anne
Motorola Support

What's DOS?
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎04-09-2017
Location: US
Message 3 of 261 (15,087 Views)

Re: Moto G5 Plus - wifi problem

Hi Anne,

 

I'm experiencing the same issues as the user above. I turned off Wifi scanning, it did not seem to help. I could be standing near my router and wifi will still disconnect and reconnect randomly. The phone is displaying full signal strength also.

 

Thanks

Senior MotoAgent
Posts: 1,313
Registered: ‎01-16-2017
Location: PH
Message 4 of 261 (15,032 Views)

Re: Moto G5 Plus - wifi problem


salamancer wrote:

Hi Anne,

 

I'm experiencing the same issues as the user above. I turned off Wifi scanning, it did not seem to help. I could be standing near my router and wifi will still disconnect and reconnect randomly. The phone is displaying full signal strength also.

 

Thanks


Hi salamancer,

 

Try to restart your router then reconnect. Then forget all devices from your phone and manually enter your network, Let me know if it works.

 

 

-Anne

What's DOS?
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎04-14-2017
Location: IN
Message 5 of 261 (14,904 Views)

Re: Moto G5 Plus - wifi problem

Hi,
i have similar issue, tried factory reset and reseting wifi settings, didn't work...replaced my phone but the new one still has the same issue...please help.
Paper Tape
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎04-17-2017
Location: IN
Message 6 of 261 (14,796 Views)

Re: Moto G5 Plus - wifi problem

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am having the same issue. Wifi stays connected. Suddenly there will be no internet connection. After this, the network is disconnected and is reconnected automatically. I've tried all the suggested solutions. Nothing works.

This happens randomly.

Is it a software or a hardware issue?

Should i replace my phone? It's just one day old.

 

Thanks.

Paper Tape
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎04-17-2017
Location: IN
Message 7 of 261 (14,797 Views)

Re: Moto G5 Plus - wifi problem


Moto_Anne wrote:

tharun53 wrote:

Hi, 

 

My wifi disconnects automatically even signal is high and connects after sometime. The wifi range is also very less compared to my old phone. Please help me with the issue ASAP. 

 

Thanks in advance


Hi tharun53,

 

Have you checked if Wifi scanning is disabled? You can go to Settings > Scroll down to Location > Tap 3 dots > Tap Scanning > Turn off Wifi Scanning.

 

 

Regards,
Anne
Motorola Support


Hi,

I face the same issue as well. It is completely random. 

Is it a software or a hardware issue?

Should I replace the phone? It is only one day old.

 

Thanks. 

What's DOS?
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎04-17-2017
Location: US
Message 8 of 261 (14,769 Views)

Re: Moto G5 Plus - wifi problem

Same issue!

I turned off Wifi Scanning, it got a little better, but it is still disconnecting so often. I use Wifi at workpalce and compus. It seems that whenever it wants to change the router it disconnects. The signal is fine, but all of sudden it refuses to connect!

 

Paper Tape
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎04-20-2017
Location: US
Message 9 of 261 (14,689 Views)

Re: Moto G5 Plus - wifi problem

[ Edited ]

Just got my G5 Plus last night.  

 

Having the same issue.  Wifi randomly drops and then reconnects seconds later.  It is happening constantly.  Have tried all the suggested fixes.

Senior MotoAgent
Posts: 1,313
Registered: ‎01-16-2017
Location: PH
Message 10 of 261 (14,616 Views)

Re: Moto G5 Plus - wifi problem

Hi All,

 

Here`s what you can try:

1. Reset network settings. Go to Settings > Back up and Reset > Reset network settings > Tap Reset

2. Restart your router.

3. See if it happens in a different device.

4. Forget the network and manually add it.

 

 

-Anne

 

Top kudoed Authors