Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaftTron
Paper Tape
Views: 1,063
Message 121 of 837

Re: Moto G5 Plus - wifi problem

I have the same issue from day one of having the phone. It is definetly a problem with the phone and not a problem with the network. The network is just a bit slow since it is at a university with so many people using it, but none of my other devices have this problem. What I think is the problem is the wifi programming in the Moto G5 includes code that disconnects from sub-prime wifi. Moto needs to fix this, or I might get a new phone and never buy from them again. 

Kingbroady
Paper Tape
Views: 1,265
Message 122 of 837

Any fix for this yet? Having to send mine back. Can't use it. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,181
Message 123 of 837

Hi guys,

If you continue to experience wifi disconnection, kindly backup all your data and perform factory data reset. Here is the link to the external reset steps: https://motorola-mobility-en-in.custhelp.com/app/home/device/motorola/moto-g5-plus/topic/reset/exter...

Let us know what happens after.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

machinelevel
What's DOS?
Views: 1,152
Message 124 of 837

just bought my G5 Plus.

It's not able to hold onto a connection at my workplace.

• I don't own the router, and can't reset it.
  • My other phone (2-year-old Moto G3 from the UK) is having no trouble at all.

I assume that since I just unboxed it that a factory reset won't help?

This is unfortunately going to be a deal-breaker for me if I can't find a workaround...

ninjaneer
Paper Tape
Views: 1,061
Message 125 of 837

I am experiencing the same wifi connectivity issues, and have tried all suggest fixes in this thread. When I first got the phone, it worked fine for about a week, then started having this issue. I tried all suggested fixes with no success. I just turned off the cellular data, and after a week, the connectivity issue went away.

It has now worked for about 6 weeks, but just today the issue started up again. Once again, I went through all the suggested fixes in this thread, all with no success. 

@moto_JM wrote:

Hello everyone,

Can you confirm that you have the lastest software version on your phone? You can go to Settings > About Phone > System Update. If there is an update available, kindly download and install it. Let us know what happens.

-JM

I don't have the latest software...current build number is NPN25.137-35. When I check for a software update, it says "Your device's software is up to date." I have tried to update the software at least once a week using the the "System Update" function for the last 6 weeks with no success. Does this function actually check for software updates, or only if they've been pushed to the phone?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,091
Message 126 of 837

@machinelevel wrote:

just bought my G5 Plus.

It's not able to hold onto a connection at my workplace.

• I don't own the router, and can't reset it.
  • My other phone (2-year-old Moto G3 from the UK) is having no trouble at all.

I assume that since I just unboxed it that a factory reset won't help?

This is unfortunately going to be a deal-breaker for me if I can't find a workaround...

Is this limited to your workplace? Do you experience disconnection at home or other wifi networks as well?

-JM

Kingbroady
Paper Tape
Views: 1,078
Message 127 of 837

Tried all suggestions. Brand new phone. Disconnects in all networks. Tried my old Moto G and have absolutely no issues at all. Clearly there's an issue so either you admit it and sort it or accept it, find the fix and sort it. Either way, put your customers first and do what's needed

Time4u
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,072
Message 128 of 837

Hello JM,
I am not sure you understand. These are brand new phones and a factory reset has been done and nothing helps. How much factory reset do we have to do to resolve this issue? Thanks
Highlighted
Buckeroo
Paper Tape
Views: 1,049
Message 129 of 837

I have the same problem here.  Brand new phone out of the box today.  Tried resetting everything, etc to no avail and it keeps on disconnecting/reconnecting every time an app starts or tries to access the internet.   However, I do seem to have a found a kluge.  For some reason, the phone will keep a connection steady if I tunnel through a VPN on my Wi-Fi channel.  Not sure why that's the case, but at least the connecting isn't dropping now... fingers crossed that it stays that way until Motorola come out with a fix.

karan1989
Punch Card
Views: 1,031
Message 130 of 837

This is my 4th factory reset (from device setting and recovery menu) since I bought it (12th July) and nothing seems to solve the WiFi disconnection issue. It happens randomly and atleast 3-4 times a day even with Good WiFi signal. I've even tried changing the router and it still disconnects. Hoping that there will be a fix for this soon.

Top Kudoed Authors