cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdzshn3
Bit Torrent
Views: 8,468
Message 601 of 817

Re: Does the Oreo update offer any hope of a fix?

It's not 5G, 6G. It's G5, G6.

Best Regards, Syed Zeeshan.
Spidworthy
Paper Tape
Views: 12,939
Message 602 of 817

Yes the update (to Android 8.1, skipping 8.0) apparently started rolling out, in Brazil, last month; see https://www.theandroidsoul.com/android-8-1-oreo-for-moto-g5s-enters-soak-test-as-release-nears/.

Which takes us back to the question at the core of this thread: is there any chance it may finally fix the stubborn G5S and Plus wi-fi problems? We wait in hope...

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 12,893
Message 603 of 817

Hello guys,

We will have improvements for WiFi disconnecting in a future software update. There's no timing yet but you will be notified once it is available.

NEW UPDATE:

And for users experiencing issues with Google WiFi mesh networks looks like Google will push an update on the router for the Wifi disconnection issue. There's no timing as well but you will be notified once it is available.

Thank you so much for all your feedback and for working on us in trying to solve this issue. We appreciate it.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

Note: Marking this a solution for easy access to new users who will post

sdzshn3
Bit Torrent
Views: 12,696
Message 604 of 817

@Agent_Daisy wrote:

Hello guys,

We will have improvements for WiFi disconnecting in a future software update. There's no timing yet but you will be notified once it is available. And for users experiencing issues with Google WiFi mesh networks, we're still actively working with Google on this. 

Thank you so much for all your feedback and for working on us in trying to solve this issue. We appreciate it.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

Note: Marking this a solution for easy access to new users who will post

Wow, that's a great news..

Thanks for working on it for us..♥️

Best Regards, Syed Zeeshan.
Scoot
Blue Screen Again
Views: 12,650
Message 605 of 817

Re: Moto G5 Plus - wifi problem

Can I have a discount code to buy another motorola phone or just give me my money back for my g5 plus? i need the wifi to work and not be left in the dark waiting for a update that i don't know when will happen. I've been eating up my data plan because i can't use my home wifi for this phone. BTW my g5 plus is 5 months old

ssisaias
What's DOS?
Views: 12,267
Message 606 of 817

Had to create an account to add one more to the stats.

Moto G5 here. Everything else on the house connects to WiFi just fine!

The odd thing is:

Since last update (July, 2018), my Moto G5 connects during day/noon and disconnects (and keeps on trying to reconnect without success) around 2 A.M. To only connect successfully at noon again. Already did a network check, there's no one spoofing my network. Tried to reserve an IP on router, no success as well. Tried the other solutions metioned on the thread, none of them worked so far.

In the logcat logs it really seems some sort of problem with DHCP or WPA2 usage, but I have no knowledge to troubleshoot far than this.

(To me is not so bad, 'cause I have Wi Fi connection, most part of the day).

Anyways, I'm really looking foward for the update! Thanks.

runnergirllk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 12,190
Message 607 of 817

How can I be notified of this fix?  I, too, have the same problem as others reported here.  I just installed Google Wifi mesh network 4 days ago.  I have 3 WiFi points.  Everything works EXCEPT my Motorolo G5 Plus (purchased the end of March) will NOT connect to my primary network--if it does, it's only briefly, and then after trying till a threshold is hit, I get an error message, "IP Configuration Failure."  The phone connects and stays connected with no problems to my guest network.  I really want to be able to have this resolved asap.  I have an open Case ID with Google WiFi because of this problem.  I am going to send them additional information from this forum.  They have diagnostic data that I collected for them Friday night.  

Thanks.  

Milonfz
What's DOS?
Views: 11,970
Message 608 of 817

I'm with you.  This has been a problem for way too long...  The next gen phone has already been released and we are still struggling with something as basic as WiFi connectivity....

Judge77058
Paper Tape
Views: 11,550
Message 609 of 817

Marked as Solved about two weeks ago, yet we still have four Moto G5 Plus phones that cannot hold a wifi connection .  This started with the June security update.  How about giving us an update on the timeline for the fix?  How about not marking something as solved when it in fact is not solved?

Based on the abysmal Moto/Lenovo OS update record and now the lack of any real action on their part to fix the known wifi issue, we are returning (unopened) the four Moto G6 phones we bought from Amazon last week.   The Oreo update was promised months ago; this update to fix the wifi they broke has no projected date.  I don't like the Nokia phones as much, but we are going to give them our business based on their record (so far) of providing timely updates. 

motog5plusphone
Paper Tape
Views: 11,266
Message 610 of 817

Wow this so weird that this is a problem. My phone has been great and no wifi problems then they release an update that messes it up. Now they don't know when they will fix it. Hmm

Top Kudoed Authors