genacgenac
Punch Card
Views: 1,007
Message 811 of 819

Re: Moto G5 Plus - wifi problem

@MasterSeaMonkey wrote:

@JeffGunter wrote:

THIS SOLUTION ABSOLUTELY WORKED FOR ME.

Please read it completely.  Your Wi-Fi issues will likely disappear if you have this situation.

Several months ago Cricket propogated an update (4.1) to their MyCricket app.  The update included a new feature "Wij-Fi Manager".   It defaults to "ON". 

I experienced most of the issues you all have described on my Moto G5 Plus *after* updateing the MyCricket App to 4.1.  Opening the App and turning off the Wi-Fi Manager FIXED ALL MY WI-FI INSTABILITY AND BATTERY DRAIN PROBLEMS..  The symptoms returned when I turned Cricket's Wi-Fi Manager back on.

If you are a Cricket customer and are using Version 4.1 of the MyCricket App try turning off the Wi-Fi Manager (or uninstalling the App) and report your results to this board.

PS: A random thought... could the Wi-Fi Manager code used by Cricket also be used by other carriers?   If so, this same unstable code could be affecting you thanks to the carrier you are using.

See. This is a fix. People will keep responding and ignoring other replies because they want things handed to them. If they just read, they will find the fix. This worked for me. I didn't know cricket installed a WiFi assistant in their app... Go figure. Thanks friend!

What about the dozens of conditions not addressed by this "fix".  smh

Trinadh43
What's DOS?
Views: 824
Message 812 of 819

Re: Moto G5 Plus - wifi problem disconnects frequently

The issue is marked as resolved but still I am facing the issue, please let me know when the new update will be released with fix.

Highlighted
Sriva
Fanfold Paper
Views: 747
Message 813 of 819

Re: Moto G5 Plus - wifi problem disconnects frequently

Dude,you jus change the network settings 4G to 3G,the wifi works perfectly when it is 3G.But still moto should solve this wifi issue.I don't know why these guys tortures us.Moto is not able to give a simple thing WiFi,but he is releasing moto G7 series.

elixir_mark
Blue Screen Again
Views: 684
Message 814 of 819

Hi Anne,

You work at such a great organization, i am sure you must be very highly skilled if you chose to help users with this issue, kindly dont ask ridiculous questions, People are saying they have tried hard reset, and multiple people are facing same issue. Either help people or tell them the harsh truth, dont stall them with senseless answers

genacgenac
Punch Card
Views: 654
Message 815 of 819

@elixir_mark wrote:

Hi Anne,

You work at such a great organization, i am sure you must be very highly skilled if you chose to help users with this issue, kindly dont ask ridiculous questions, People are saying they have tried hard reset, and multiple people are facing same issue. Either help people or tell them the harsh truth, dont stall them with senseless answers

Stall?  I'd settle for stall.  All I've got so far is a big ol' three finger salute!

AnubhavJain
Blue Screen Again
Views: 609
Message 816 of 819

Re: Does the Oreo update offer any hope of a fix?

It seems my mobile's wifi disconnection problem has been solved by setting static IP address in place of DHCP IP address.

I have setup my router with a static IP address linked with my mobile's MAC address and forget existing connection in my mobile then configure again with same static IP address.

Bingoo!!  my problem has been solved. Smiley Happy

Sunitt
What's DOS?
Views: 556
Message 817 of 819

My (Moto 5g plus) wifi disconnects automatically even signal is high and connects after sometime. The wifi range is also very less compared to my old phone. Please help me.

Abhishek_04
Paper Tape
Views: 399
Message 818 of 819

Moto G5 Plus - wifi problem after latest update in January-2019

Hi Team,

My moto g5 plus is giving lot of problems(disconnects automatically even signal is high and connects after sometime) when I connect my phone to any wifi network after latest security update in  Jan-2019..It's giving too many drops.Can you please resolve this problem at earliest. I have performed all the suggestions like restarting my phone,factory reset,network setting reset but still find same problem.

please resolve and give your precious response.

Thanks in advance,

Abhishek.

ian65
What's DOS?
Views: 121
Message 819 of 819

Re: Moto G5 Plus - wifi problem after latest update in January-2019

Ive had similar problems with G6 and lo and behold after the most recent MOTO  update March 2019 the problems of wifi drop out and connection returned.I tried the network reset route but this did not work. Wifi scanning was off. This was resolved (so far) by switching of wifi on phone and switching off BT router (homehub6). I restarted router then phone wifi and so far the signal is holding up. Im well aware that this may not be the solution to all problems but its worked for me.Ive no idea whether the combination of  solutions tried and then the back to basics method of turning the wifi on phone off and also restarting router did the trick--but I suspect not! My guess is that  this seems to a specific issue following updates that Moto (still) havent resolved--it doesnt appear to be a BT /router issue as I had the same problems of wifi drop out on other networks 

Top Kudoed Authors