Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rohitgoel81
Paper Tape
Views: 9,440
Message 21 of 817

Re: Moto G5 Plus - wifi problem

Hi anne

Why do u need this information? People are facing issues across geographies, this is not router or internet issue. Please provide a fix asap, workarounds will not help.

Anishkumar1
Paper Tape
Views: 9,433
Message 22 of 817

Hi Folks,

I seem to have solved this issue by changing the router configuration. I moved the channel from auto to 10. Hope this works for others

Anish

AgenDavid
Paper Tape
Views: 9,398
Message 23 of 817

Re: Moto G5 Plus - wifi problem / Very Frustrated with phone and lack of solutions offered.

I have the same wifi issue with my Moto G5 Plus smartphone.  I set it up according to instructions and it worked fine for awhile.  Now I can't get wifi to work,  like everyone else I get a wifi icon with my router ID and I've done everything written previously to attempt to resolve the problem.  I'm at my wit's end.  I guess I'll take this phone back and get a refund and buy something else that I can depend on.  The Moto G5 Plus had lots of promise but because of this and other user-friendly issues.. I don't have confidence in it or the company.  Especially considering the number of people who seem to be having the same issues and not finding any practical working solutions.

AgenDavid
Paper Tape
Views: 9,401
Message 24 of 817

Now how in the world is the average user supposed to know how to do exactly that?

Can you describe or show others how?  Cellphones are supposed to be user-friendly yet instead we have to become our own trouble-shooter / tech support?  Very poor performance on behalf of Moto G5 Plus.  I would suggest Moto / Lenovo get the lead out of their pants and start addressing this issue pronto.  I'm at my wit's end trying to get this POS to work with wifi,  I'm seriously thinking about taking this back to the store and get my refund...this is nonsense.

AgenDavid
Paper Tape
Views: 9,393
Message 25 of 817

This is nonsense as too many people have been having the exact same issue with this device.  I would suggest that Moto / Lenovo get their act together and offer a practical solution as it seems the issue is with the Moto G5 plus smartphone and not people's routers.  I have different devices connected to my router and they work fine... including other makes of smartphones.  If Moto / Lenovo doesn't respond with a practical solution quickly,  you are going to lose a lot of customers including me.  So get the lead out and stop with the repetitive non-working suggestions.  That is the first sign of insanity is attempting to do the same thing over and over and expecting a different result!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 9,320
Message 26 of 817

Hi Everyone,

The reason why we're asking for this information as this may help us duplicate the issue with the same router or device you have. In that way, we can check if there are settings we can change and see if that works. Our Engineers will be able to test it too. Asking customers for some troubleshooting steps they tried will hep us know what to do next and see if those would help. We appreciate our customers' cooperation helping us out, thanks.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

ChrisDriscoll
Paper Tape
Views: 9,278
Message 27 of 817

ISP: CenturyLink DSL

Router: C1100Z

Security Type: WPS

Band: I believe it's 2.4ghz but not 100% here

Channel used: Auto first, then I tried switching it over to channel 6, appears to be best channel for my house

Firmware of the router: CZW002-4.12.009.0

Problem Description: Phone and wifi both worked fine until a couple hours ago. I received a call over wifi and the wifi went down for my house until I turned off the phones wifi. I turned the phones wifi on again and wifi went down again. I reset my modem/router, same thing. I restarted my phone and used "forget this network", reconnected with password then repeated that using WPS. Nothing has made any difference, whenever the phone connects to wifi the network goes down.

ashb4444
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,062
Message 28 of 817

Hello,

Me and my roommate both have Moto G5 Plus and we share same wifi connection, same router.

But my phone have wifi issue, it stops working after few minutes and on loading the website it shows network issue. Then I have to again disconnect and re-connect the wifi or sometimes it automatically disconnect and reconnect.

But my roommate's phone doesn't have such problem.

I have read this same problem in other forums here and tried all the solutions but the problem remains same.

Kindly help me on this.

Thanks!

ashb4444
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,060
Message 29 of 817

Hello,

Me and my roommate both have Moto G5 Plus and we share same wifi connection, same router.

But my phone have wifi issue, it stops working after few minutes and on loading the website it shows network issue. Then I have to again disconnect and re-connect the wifi or sometimes it automatically disconnect and reconnect.

But my roommate's phone doesn't have such problem. It means that wifi router is okay only my phone has problem.

I have read this same problem in other forums here and tried all the solutions but the problem remains same.

Kindly help me on this.

Thanks!

sdzshn3
Bit Torrent
Views: 9,053
Message 30 of 817

I also have this issue.

WiFi suddenly disconnects and automatically connects immediately.

And also, sometimes​ internet access will go off and shows only up arrow ↑. Then, I had to manually swithOff and On WiFi. Then it starts to work again.

Make & model: D-Link DIR600M

Security type: WPA/WPA2 PSK

Band: 2.4Ghz

Channel: Set as Auto (router chooses 1/10/11)

Firmware version: 3.05

Hardware version: C1

Firmware link: ftp://support.dlink.co.in/firmware/DIR/DIR-600M.zip

I hope it will be solve in new update, but as I still didn't got the update I'm sharing info.

Best Regards, Syed Zeeshan.
Top Kudoed Authors