Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashb4444
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,053
Message 41 of 807

Re: Moto G5 Plus - wifi problem

@rv_ wrote:

I am having the same issue. Got my phone day before yesterday from flipkart.

Are you replacing it? Or you have a solution.

Please contact me.

https://www.facebook.com/rv.arvind1

I dont have any solution, you should replace it!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,997
Message 42 of 807

Hi ChrisDriscoll and sdzshn3,

Thanks for providing your router details. I'll ask assistance from the team and I'll keep you posted for updates. Thank you!

-Anne

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,942
Message 43 of 807

Hi Everyone,

We want to look further into this, if you can update your profile with the IMEI of your device, this can help us investigate and see what's causing the disconnect. Also, kindly send a bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state.

Here's how: 
Note: Capture the report right after the issue happened.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Thanks!

-Anne

sdzshn3
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,935
Message 44 of 807

Sure.

I'll provide bug report after reproduce of bug.

Just for info, I'm not in latest update.

I'm in NPN25.137-15

Best Regards, Syed Zeeshan.
Yjk
What's DOS?
Views: 4,646
Message 45 of 807

Mine is a US model g5 plus (xt1687). I too have the same problem,wifi keeps getting disconnected. I tried on multiple wifi devices, and the same problem persists. I never had such problems on my previous phones iphone4 n gionee p5l. Considering the market buzz on moto g series, i had great expectations from this device but it turned out to be disappointing. LENOVO please fix it. 

ajainthomas
Paper Tape
Views: 4,818
Message 46 of 807

I am also facing the same issue with my new motor g5 plus.
ajainthomas
Paper Tape
Views: 4,817
Message 47 of 807

My Moto g5 plus also facing the same issue. It's disconnects frequently.. All other devices using the same wifi doesn't have any problem with the connection. Please let me know how to fix this.

Thanks,

Ajain

Artaxflyer
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,816
Message 48 of 807

Same issue here.

Same build number.

Other devices have no issues with a stable wifi connection at this location.

Other than this very annoying behaviour, I am very happy with this new moto g5 plus.

sdzshn3
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,758
Message 49 of 807

@Moto_Anne wrote:

Hi Everyone,

We want to look further into this, if you can update your profile with the IMEI of your device, this can help us investigate and see what's causing the disconnect. Also, kindly send a bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state.

Here's how: 
Note: Capture the report right after the issue happened.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Thanks!

-Anne

Just now I got the WiFi reconnecting issue.

When I was browsing thru internet, this issue occurred.

When this bug came, router channel is in 1

I observed this behaviour at either end of 1:49 PM or at the beginning of 1:50 PM.

Bug report file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByDktHFx4pjgbzdqSFpYRFF3M0U/view?usp=drivesdk

Best Regards, Syed Zeeshan.
Ankur_Garg
Paper Tape
Views: 4,682
Message 50 of 807

Hi team,

I am facing the same issue. Wifi connects and then disconnects within a min and the cycle continues. It is very frustrating. I bought the phone from Flipkart, since the first one had this wifi issue, i asked for a replacement which had the same issue again. I am not sure what is it with this phone but hope you guys address it or I would like a refund so that i can buy a more stable phone like J7 prime from Samsung. This is pretty shocking from Lenovo though

Top Kudoed Authors