cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Yrroth
Paper Tape
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎05-03-2018
Location: DE
Views: 1,901
Message 551 of 830

Re: Moto G5 Plus - wifi problem

Hello there. I'm a Moto G5 Plus Owner from germany and i have the same problems like all of you. First of all i think it starts with Android 7, because the first time when I had the phone since October 2017 everything works fine, but after a few updates the problems starts. What is a little bit crazy is the point, that even my new phone from Amazon what i get in exchange have the same problem. Every other product in our house works fine with our Wifi, but one there is one thing. We have a router and an access point connected to the router. When i disable the access point my wifi is stable, but after turning the access point on again i've the problem that the connection lost after a few seconds or sometimes after a minute. But the Moto G5 Plus is the only hardware with this problem. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Posts: 3,948
Registered: ‎12-01-2016
Location: PH
Views: 1,978
Message 552 of 830

Re: Moto G5 Plus - wifi problem


@Yrroth wrote:

Hello there. I'm a Moto G5 Plus Owner from germany and i have the same problems like all of you. First of all i think it starts with Android 7, because the first time when I had the phone since October 2017 everything works fine, but after a few updates the problems starts. What is a little bit crazy is the point, that even my new phone from Amazon what i get in exchange have the same problem. Every other product in our house works fine with our Wifi, but one there is one thing. We have a router and an access point connected to the router. When i disable the access point my wifi is stable, but after turning the access point on again i've the problem that the connection lost after a few seconds or sometimes after a minute. But the Moto G5 Plus is the only hardware with this problem. 


Can you please provide us the information needed? 

  1. Wifi Router Make/Model/Security used
  2. Bug Report with WiFi Verbose enabled when the issue occurs (The steps have been provided for how many times)

Once we get the above information, we will escalate your case to our WiFi team for analysis. If you provided it previously then please share the link to that comment so it's easier to find and capture the data.

 


Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

DisappointedOne
Fanfold Paper
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎12-21-2017
Location: DE
Views: 1,932
Message 553 of 830

Re: Moto G5 Plus - wifi problem

Send it back, as long as it is still under warranty. Motorola/Lenovo is clearly playing with time.
You see the problem was reported first more than one year ago and since then it has been stated many times in this epic thread that:
- it occurs with all kind of routers
- it occurs on fixed or automatic channel mode
- it occurs on every channel
- it occurs on 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands
- it occurs after a factory reset/wlan reset/whatever reset
The *only* common denominator is... guess what?... the rotten Moto G5(s)(plus).
Everybody reading this thread knows this, only the so-called "Senior MotoAgents" do not admit and ask for more "information".
By now they must have thousands of returned Moto G5(s)(plus) bricks. Do your homework and check them, Motorola/Lenovo!

dremul
What's DOS?
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎05-18-2018
Location: DE
Views: 1,632
Message 554 of 830

Re: Moto G5 Plus - wifi problem

Hello @DisappointedOne.
Thanks for summarizing the situation. I got mine yesterday, had the same problem, found this forum, saw it is not easily resolved. Already triggered the return of it to Amazon.
Nit96
What's DOS?
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎05-19-2018
Location: IN
Views: 1,547
Message 555 of 830

Re: Moto G5 Plus - wifi problem

Both wifi and hotspot disconnect and reconnect after some time. Games that are played on lan also crash when the wifi or hotspot disconnects and reconnects. This problem started a week after i bought the phone. If it was a problem with the router then hotspot shouldnt have any problem, but here phone's hotspot restarts after a while. Please find a fix asap.

sdzshn3
Bit Torrent
Posts: 1,141
Registered: ‎04-01-2017
Location: IN
Views: 1,381
Message 556 of 830

Re: Moto G5 Plus - wifi problem

Here's the bug report: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1msQI2pKghSpJjZdqlVtc75uz6zjDeEt7/view?usp=drivesdk

I was watching video in Youtube then suddenly WiFi disconnected automatically approximately at 5:35 PM.

Router: DLink DIR600M

Let me know if you need more information.


Best Regards, Syed Zeeshan.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Posts: 3,948
Registered: ‎12-01-2016
Location: PH
Views: 1,344
Message 557 of 830

Re: Moto G5 Plus - wifi problem


@sdzshn3 wrote:

Here's the bug report: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1msQI2pKghSpJjZdqlVtc75uz6zjDeEt7/view?usp=drivesdk

I was watching video in Youtube then suddenly WiFi disconnected automatically approximately at 5:35 PM.

Router: DLink DIR600M

Let me know if you need more information.


Thanks for sending the information again. This has been escalated before and we're still looking into this.

 

-Daisy

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Posts: 16,933
Registered: ‎02-03-2016
Location: US
Views: 1,125
Message 558 of 830

Re: Moto G5 Plus - wifi problem

Hi.

 

We're as eager as any of you to investigate this issue. However, we can't reproduce it in our labs. The only other way to get the needed information is to get special logs from the affected phones.

 

There are two ways to get those logs:

  1. Someone who can duplicate it has a Mac computer. If you do and would volunteer, we can walk you through how to provide the needed logs.
  2. We send a special engineering phone to someone who can duplicate the issue. They duplicate it on the engineering device and return the device to us so we can extract the needed information. 

Due to the issues in transporting device across borders, we need any volunteers for Option 2 to be in the US or India. Option 1 could work anywhere. When it comes to most effective approach, Option 2 is best. But we'd be happy to have folks raise their hands for both. The more data, the better.

 

Anyone able to help?

 

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Akansh
HDMI
Posts: 282
Registered: ‎11-25-2014
Location: IN
Views: 1,116
Message 559 of 830

Re: Moto G5 Plus - wifi problem


@MattForumsMngr wrote:

Hi.

 

We're as eager as any of you to investigate this issue. However, we can't reproduce it in our labs. The only other way to get the needed information is to get special logs from the affected phones.

 

There are two ways to get those logs:

  1. Someone who can duplicate it has a Mac computer. If you do and would volunteer, we can walk you through how to provide the needed logs.
  2. We send a special engineering phone to someone who can duplicate the issue. They duplicate it on the engineering device and return the device to us so we can extract the needed information. 

Due to the issues in transporting device across borders, we need any volunteers for Option 2 to be in the US. Option 1 could work anywhere. When it comes to most effective approach, Option 2 is best. But we'd be happy to have folks raise their hands for both. The more data, the better.

 

Anyone able to help?

 

- Matt


I don't have Mac and no one in my knowns have it either.

I would have given my device but i am from india so I can't help.

Others pls help them.

jeremysl98
Punch Card
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎04-30-2018
Location: US
Views: 1,113
Message 560 of 830

Re: Moto G5 Plus - wifi problem


@MattForumsMngr wrote:

Hi.

 

We're as eager as any of you to investigate this issue. However, we can't reproduce it in our labs. The only other way to get the needed information is to get special logs from the affected phones.

 

There are two ways to get those logs:

  1. Someone who can duplicate it has a Mac computer. If you do and would volunteer, we can walk you through how to provide the needed logs.
  2. We send a special engineering phone to someone who can duplicate the issue. They duplicate it on the engineering device and return the device to us so we can extract the needed information. 

Due to the issues in transporting device across borders, we need any volunteers for Option 2 to be in the US. Option 1 could work anywhere. When it comes to most effective approach, Option 2 is best. But we'd be happy to have folks raise their hands for both. The more data, the better.

 

Anyone able to help?

 

- Matt


I would be willing to help with option 2. Alternatively, I could also help you reproduce it in your lab. Pick up a Cisco AIR-AP1141N-A-K9 Access point on ebay for $30 then I could send you the config I'm using. Same phone, same AP with the same config should (hopefully) have the same issues. I know it had the same issues with both G5s I've had.

Top Kudoed Authors