Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ankur_Garg
Paper Tape
Views: 4,612
Message 51 of 845

Re: Moto G5 Plus - wifi problem

Bug report file : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6JFE1QeXj2xSWNtNkZmMmx6LU0/view?usp=drivesdk

Please solve this asap or i will ask the seller for a refund against this phone
ferenju
What's DOS?
Views: 4,495
Message 52 of 845

I have exactly the same problem, brand new phone. Wi-fi connection just disappears. I'm pretty close to the router, and my old phone didn't have a problem, and my partner's phone doesn't either. It's a hardware or firmware bug with the Moto G5 plus it seems.

Is somebody working on this to release an update to fix this? 

limaunion
Punch Card
Views: 4,462
Message 53 of 845

Hi, I bought this phone (G5 Plus) from Amazon US less than a month ago and am experiencing the same issue. I'm still using the original firmware, the update hasn't arrived yet.

My home network has an advance firewall from where I can sniff all the IP traffic. I haven't performed a deep network inspection yet, I will do it once the issue reappears.

In an initial test I did I noticed that when this problem comes up there's a minimal amount of traffic routed thru the firewall. I tried to browse some websites using Chrome during the issue and was able to captured only DNS queries, no http/s traffic, why is that happening?. Disabling/enabling Airplane or WiFi mode didn't help to fix the problem, so I had to reboot my cellphone.

I'll let you know once I have more information.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,453
Message 54 of 845

Hi sdzshn3,

We have passed this along to our Engineers and they want few more information from the device when the issue occurred. Please take a new bug report following the steps mentioned.

Thanks!

-Anne

sdzshn3
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,434
Message 55 of 845

Sure.

I'll take new report.

But, I saw that bug report creation is ending quickly around 20% (progress bar is not going upto end)

Is it alright?

Best Regards, Syed Zeeshan.
Artaxflyer
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,415
Message 56 of 845

Well, turned out to be a simple fix for me, and certainly my Technical Cause (although Root Cause I will have to leave to the Lenovo/HTC/Android geeks to figure out)

I hopped onto to my router and took a look at the Channel usage.

Mine was configured for no#1 and it appears from time to time, there were up to 3 other networks also using it (neighbours).

Whenever this scenario occured is when I would experience the 'dropping' on my HTC G5 plus, even though it was not an issue for the other devices in my house (iphone, ipad, Samsung G4, etc)

I switched my router to Channel#9 (based on observation that it was the least used in my area) and have NOT HAD A PROBLEM SINCE.

I retested this theory by reconfiguring back to the more used channel 2 days later, and as soon as the no. of networks hit >3....boom, I started sdropping out again.

Back on channel#9 (never more than 2 networks on this, including mine)....NO ISSUES.

So, the only conclusion I can come to is that with this particular hardware/software combo (Moto G5+ with Android 7 - NPN25.137-15), there appears to be a bug that is exposed when the wifi is used with a channel sharing >3 networks.

100%, that has been the proven Technical Cause for me, with the proven workaround for me to simply change the channel on my router config to one never sharing more than 3 networks.

I would guess that Root Cause will only be addressed with an appropriate software update.

Hopefully all this helps you all out.

Regards.

RiBo
Token Ring
Views: 4,397
Message 57 of 845

Same issue here even after the update to firmware version NPN25.137-67. Please check, must be some software issue. If this helps, I share my Wi-Fi connection with 3 devices.

sdzshn3
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,387
Message 58 of 845

Occurred again at 5:51

But, report generation is completing around 20%. Progress bar is not going upto the end.

Bug report Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByDktHFx4pjgelIyVVVIUllRck0/view?usp=drivesdk

Best Regards, Syed Zeeshan.
Lenovobuddy007
Paper Tape
Views: 4,321
Message 59 of 845

I am facing the same issue. I have tried connecting to different wi-fi network but the issue is with the phone itself. I never expected such a basic functionality would not work properly. 

Artaxflyer
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,290
Message 60 of 845

NO issues since I implemented this change.

Same fix reported at https://www.reddit.com/r/MotoG/comments/648jw2/major_wifi_issues_with_moto_g5_plus/

i.e. "Access your router settings and change the Channel option from Auto to a specific number."

If you haven't tried this already, and you are still having wifi connectivity issues, give it a go. Works great !

Top Kudoed Authors