Simple fix:

1) hold your breath

2) wait for update Lenovo has promised, with no ETA

ScottA1
Punch Card
Views: 1,071
Message 802 of 819

Re: Moto G5 Plus - wifi problem

Lol..I hear ya..hurry up and wait,,same scenario with Microsoft which is why went Mac...Guess time move to Apple phone..friends got them and never have these issues..they work seamlessly !

MayJo
Blue Screen Again
Views: 862
Message 803 of 819

Yo también pensé q era mi compañía pero no es el teléfono q se desconecta del Wi-Fi cuando harán algo ya mucho tiempo sin resolver este problema q veo q muchos lo tienen por favor hagan algo
JeffGunter
Fanfold Paper
Views: 742
Message 804 of 819

THIS SOLUTION ABSOLUTELY WORKED FOR ME.

Please read it completely.  Your Wi-Fi issues will likely disappear if you have this situation.

Several months ago Cricket propogated an update (4.1) to their MyCricket app.  The update included a new feature "Wij-Fi Manager".   It defaults to "ON". 

I experienced most of the issues you all have described on my Moto G5 Plus *after* updateing the MyCricket App to 4.1.  Opening the App and turning off the Wi-Fi Manager FIXED ALL MY WI-FI INSTABILITY AND BATTERY DRAIN PROBLEMS..  The symptoms returned when I turned Cricket's Wi-Fi Manager back on.

If you are a Cricket customer and are using Version 4.1 of the MyCricket App try turning off the Wi-Fi Manager (or uninstalling the App) and report your results to this board.

PS: A random thought... could the Wi-Fi Manager code used by Cricket also be used by other carriers?   If so, this same unstable code could be affecting you thanks to the carrier you are using.

RockHat
Paper Tape
Views: 703
Message 805 of 819

Re: Does the Oreo update offer any hope of a fix?

Hello. I'm using Moto G5 S Plus.
Wi-Fi has stopped working after installing 1st December 2018 Android Security Update.
Please Help.
RockHat
Paper Tape
Views: 703
Message 806 of 819

Wi-Fi has stopped working after installing 1st December 2018 Android Security Update.
Please Help.
genacgenac
Punch Card
Views: 691
Message 807 of 819

@RockHat wrote:
Please Help.

You should have queried this forum first.  ALWAYS 1) wait a month and 2) google before ANY update, regardless of platform.

Miave
Paper Tape
Views: 448
Message 808 of 819

Hi there,

I was facing the same issue, which is fixed now with the following action.

Goto wifi settings - saved networks - select network - forget it.

Keep only active wifi networks and remove others.

I had around 24 networks saved, after removing the unwanted networks my WiFi is working well.

Falkor65
Fanfold Paper
Views: 440
Message 809 of 819

I fixed the problem for me....I bought another Galaxy phoneSmiley Very Happy

MasterSeaMonkey
What's DOS?
Views: 299
Message 810 of 819

@JeffGunter wrote:

THIS SOLUTION ABSOLUTELY WORKED FOR ME.

Please read it completely.  Your Wi-Fi issues will likely disappear if you have this situation.

Several months ago Cricket propogated an update (4.1) to their MyCricket app.  The update included a new feature "Wij-Fi Manager".   It defaults to "ON". 

I experienced most of the issues you all have described on my Moto G5 Plus *after* updateing the MyCricket App to 4.1.  Opening the App and turning off the Wi-Fi Manager FIXED ALL MY WI-FI INSTABILITY AND BATTERY DRAIN PROBLEMS..  The symptoms returned when I turned Cricket's Wi-Fi Manager back on.

If you are a Cricket customer and are using Version 4.1 of the MyCricket App try turning off the Wi-Fi Manager (or uninstalling the App) and report your results to this board.

PS: A random thought... could the Wi-Fi Manager code used by Cricket also be used by other carriers?   If so, this same unstable code could be affecting you thanks to the carrier you are using.

See. This is a fix. People will keep responding and ignoring other replies because they want things handed to them. If they just read, they will find the fix. This worked for me. I didn't know cricket installed a WiFi assistant in their app... Go figure. Thanks friend!

Top Kudoed Authors