Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
numair97
Paper Tape
Views: 219
Message 81 of 817

Re: Moto G5 Plus - wifi problem

I'm experiencing the same issues as the user above. I turned off Wifi scanning, it did not seem to help. I could be standing near my router and wifi will still disconnect and reconnect randomly. The phone is displaying full signal strength also.

Vivek343
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,167
Message 82 of 817

Hi I am Vivek mane I purchased a Moto g5 plus one month back and I am also facing same problem my WiFi is disconnected and connected automatically even I change the WiFi auto scanning setting it's not working I am still facing problem , I hope your team will work on this thing as good as they can and fix our problem because everyone is facing same problem

sidewinder754
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,162
Message 83 of 817

Not sure if this is related or not, but I had problems with my g5+ disconnecting/reconnecting while sleeping and shortly after waking the phone. It would disconnect and reconnect every 10-15 min or so, turns out it was switching back and forth between 2.5ghz and 5ghz. I disabled the 2.5ghz band in the router and and I no longer have the problem.

Sid_s
Paper Tape
Views: 3,131
Message 84 of 817

@ Jess - I have PMed you links to a screen recording of the issue and the bug report generated immediately after.

PADDLEFISH
What's DOS?
Views: 3,074
Message 85 of 817

Hi,

Encryption incompatability.

I logged into my home router, modified the encryption/security setting of my SSID from "WPA-password", to "WPA-PSK".

Moto G5 plug connects to router with no issues now.

Thanks,

Douglas

seb11
Paper Tape
Views: 2,935
Message 86 of 817

Hi,

I purchased the moto g5 plus yesterday and I've been having issues with the wifi connection. It even affects my modem and makes my laptop have internet problems too. Is there a fix to this? Apparently the moto g5 software is not picking up the wifi correctly and it's making conflicts with the modem.

Hope it gets fixed soon.

Greeting from Peru

seb11
Paper Tape
Views: 2,937
Message 87 of 817

I'd be glad to send you my routers configuration screenshots if that helps fix the issue. Got the phone for 1 day and already want to return it :/

seb11
Paper Tape
Views: 2,937
Message 88 of 817

I have the EXACT same problem. My house wifi goes down when I turn on my phones wifi

seb11
Paper Tape
Views: 2,901
Message 89 of 817

I tested my wifi with a modem without security and seems to work just fine. Probably moto g5 plus problem is when a modem has encryption configured

Malfoid
What's DOS?
Views: 2,819
Message 90 of 817

@MustSee wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am an IT certified professional, I do not work for Lenovo or Motorola. I was able to figure out a way to fix this wifi connectivity issue on my own. I am not sure if it will work for you all, but it's worth a try. So I did a few troubleshooting tests to see what works and what doesn't. I configured my router to turn on guest network, I connected my G5 phone to it and the Wifi worked. My thing is I don't want to use guest network as it is not encrypted... I later tried the wifi at a few public locations such as walmart and a hotel; again my G5 maintained connectivity. However, they were all guest networks and with no encryption. This led me to think that the G5 was not registering the encryption type of my home network. The following steps I took in order for the phone to maintain wifi connectivity with wpa2 encryption.

First few steps I took is I followed all suggestions that were posted in this thread, which are:

Forget networks

Reset network settings to default

Turn off wifi location scanning

In your wifi router configuration switch to channel 10 for your 2.4Ghz connection with WPA2 encryption

Now, with another phone (borrow your significant other's phone) I turned on the hotspot with wpa2 encryption. On my G5 I entered the passphrase I needed for the hotspot and it connected. Connection was steady and no disconnects. I disconnected from the hotspot and later connected to my home wifi network and now it works fine.

Conclusion, possibly the phone did not register the home wifi network encryption correctly and it just needed to be reset by connecting to a different device with wpa2 encryption enabled or what not. 

I hope this may help you all

Thank you so much! I followed your guide step by step and my G5 plus now stays connected with my home WiFi with no issues. 

Top Kudoed Authors