Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

23 Posts

03-31-2017

Portugal

58 Signins

369 Page Views

  • Posts: 23
  • Registered: ‎03-31-2017
  • Location: Portugal
  • Views: 369
  • Message 1 of 33

[Moto G5] Scrolling not smooth when browsing. Possible issue?!

2017-04-05, 22:20 PM

Hello good people,

 

I've been waiting for someone to point this, but I feel like I'm the only one with this problem (or not a problem?). It's my second Moto G5. I had to return the 1st one because the stuttering and jerkiness were unbearable. 

 

It doesn't happen when I'm scrolling the settings for example but it happens a lot on browsers, no matter which one I use. I tried Dolphin Browser and it was even worse than chrome. 

 

I have a lot of free space in the phone memory. RAM not a problem either (I have the 3GB version). I normally wait for the pages to fully load so I can scroll when its already cached, but it doesn't matter much. 

 

I don't have installed many apps (total of 8GB of 16GB), but other than browsers, I've noticed it on Slide for Reddit and in the Playstore app, for example.

 

I'm thinking of make a video of it, but the issue is very random, I don't have a pattern for it, yet. 

 

PS: I'm kinda new in Android. I've had Windows Phone for the past years, so I don't know if this is "normal" or "expected". Because of this, I will try to experiment some other phones in some store, as I've bought the G5 on Amazon.

 

Best Regards.

Reply
Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

  • Posts: 28352
  • Registered: ‎02-02-2016
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 132780
  • Message 2 of 33

Re: [Moto G5] Scrolling not smooth when browsing. Possible issue?!

2017-04-05, 23:41 PM

wrote:

Hello good people,

 

I've been waiting for someone to point this, but I feel like I'm the only one with this problem (or not a problem?). It's my second Moto G5. I had to return the 1st one because the stuttering and jerkiness were unbearable. 

 

It doesn't happen when I'm scrolling the settings for example but it happens a lot on browsers, no matter which one I use. I tried Dolphin Browser and it was even worse than chrome. 

 

I have a lot of free space in the phone memory. RAM not a problem either (I have the 3GB version). I normally wait for the pages to fully load so I can scroll when its already cached, but it doesn't matter much. 

 

I don't have installed many apps (total of 8GB of 16GB), but other than browsers, I've noticed it on Slide for Reddit and in the Playstore app, for example.

 

I'm thinking of make a video of it, but the issue is very random, I don't have a pattern for it, yet. 

 

PS: I'm kinda new in Android. I've had Windows Phone for the past years, so I don't know if this is "normal" or "expected". Because of this, I will try to experiment some other phones in some store, as I've bought the G5 on Amazon.

 

Best Regards.


My first guess is that it is related to the web site and the impact the javascript, and links has on browser and cpu. 

 

Other apps could exhibit this due to additional apps using cpu and ram. 

 

The number and combination of apps on android is so much more then windows, that it is hard to compare the two, but what describe seems related to web sites and apps. 

 

If you see it on 2 phones ans others are not reporting it, then i suspect something unique to your environment. 


* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Reply
Options

7 Posts

04-03-2017

India

10 Signins

138 Page Views

  • Posts: 7
  • Registered: ‎04-03-2017
  • Location: India
  • Views: 138
  • Message 3 of 33

Re: [Moto G5] Scrolling not smooth when browsing. Possible issue?!

2017-04-07, 4:08 AM

I am facing the same proble. Since day 1. It is not a hardware problem. I have even factory reset my phone after motorola people advised me the same on email support. But it's a android software bug issue. Which motorola should solve with update. I was also waiting for someone to report this issue. Its happens on shopping apps as well as browsers. The problem goes temporarily if u lock and unlock the device while browsing. But it again comes wen u switch the browser page or open any new link. The problem is frequent. In one swipe it doesn't even scroll while page.

Reply
Options

23 Posts

03-31-2017

Portugal

58 Signins

369 Page Views

  • Posts: 23
  • Registered: ‎03-31-2017
  • Location: Portugal
  • Views: 369
  • Message 4 of 33

Re: [Moto G5] Scrolling not smooth when browsing. Possible issue?!

2017-04-07, 12:58 PM
Well, at least now I know I'm not the only one. I thought I was crazy.

Maybe with time, as more people buy the phone, more will reporting the same issue.
Reply
Options

1 Posts

04-14-2017

India

3 Signins

16 Page Views

  • Posts: 1
  • Registered: ‎04-14-2017
  • Location: India
  • Views: 16
  • Message 5 of 33

Re: [Moto G5] Scrolling not smooth when browsing. Possible issue?!

2017-04-14, 6:08 AM

I purchased motorola g5 plus device just a week back, here is the issue i am facing:
Scrolling doesn't work properly on browsers, no matter which one I use.
I have a lot of free space in the phone memory. RAM not a problem either (I have the 4GB version).
I have already tried hard reset, however it doesn't resolve the issue.


wrote:
Well, at least now I know I'm not the only one. I thought I was crazy.

Maybe with time, as more people buy the phone, more will reporting the same issue.



Reply
Options

23 Posts

03-31-2017

Portugal

58 Signins

369 Page Views

  • Posts: 23
  • Registered: ‎03-31-2017
  • Location: Portugal
  • Views: 369
  • Message 6 of 33

Re: [Moto G5] Scrolling not smooth when browsing. Possible issue?!

2017-04-14, 12:37 PM

wrote:

I purchased motorola g5 plus device just a week back, here is the issue i am facing:
Scrolling doesn't work properly on browsers, no matter which one I use.
I have a lot of free space in the phone memory. RAM not a problem either (I have the 4GB version).
I have already tried hard reset, however it doesn't resolve the issue




I recommend you send it back and get a new one. In my second G5 (the one I'm using now) that issue is a lot better than the first one. 

 

Can I ask you if you're in Europe too? I'm thinking it might be a firmware issue and may affect European models? Just a guess.

Reply
Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

  • Posts: 28352
  • Registered: ‎02-02-2016
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 132780
  • Message 7 of 33

Re: [Moto G5] Scrolling not smooth when browsing. Possible issue?!

2017-04-14, 12:39 PM

wrote:

I purchased motorola g5 plus device just a week back, here is the issue i am facing:
Scrolling doesn't work properly on browsers, no matter which one I use.
I have a lot of free space in the phone memory. RAM not a problem either (I have the 4GB version).
I have already tried hard reset, however it doesn't resolve the issue.


wrote:
Well, at least now I know I'm not the only one. I thought I was crazy.

Maybe with time, as more people buy the phone, more will reporting the same issue.




Is a hard reset a factory data reset? Did you test before installing/restoring any apps? Have you tested in safe mode? Cache clear?


* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Reply
Options

14 Posts

04-04-2017

Estonia

16 Signins

122 Page Views

  • Posts: 14
  • Registered: ‎04-04-2017
  • Location: Estonia
  • Views: 122
  • Message 8 of 33

Re: [Moto G5] Scrolling not smooth when browsing. Possible issue?!

2017-04-14, 14:54 PM

Same problem. I have done everything what the BEETADOG recommended to do, but to no avail. 

- Factory reset: done

- Cache clear: done in recovery, done in storage settings

- Without reinstalling any apps: done

 

I do not use browser much so the stuttering is not bothering me much.

I think it is something to do with the way the CPU power is regulated (goes sleep to fast or wakes up too slow).

 

Another issue is that with GBoard (and some other apps like Nova app drawer) you can sometimes perceive slight flickering at the bottom of the screen. This flickering will go away when in Developer Options you "disable HW overlays" - so it is not display issue but the way the screen is redrawn (fps?)

 

Reply
Options

1325 Posts

01-16-2017

Philippines

278 Signins

37025 Page Views

  • Posts: 1325
  • Registered: ‎01-16-2017
  • Location: Philippines
  • Views: 37025
  • Message 9 of 33

Re: [Moto G5] Scrolling not smooth when browsing. Possible issue?!

2017-04-14, 16:00 PM

Hi All,

 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Kindly update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone to help us investigate. If it you already performed basic troubleshooting steps ( Reboot, Clear cache partition, Safe mode, Factory reset without restore ) and still having the same concern, record a video showing the problem and get a Bug Report.

 

Bug report will collect information about your current device state.

Note: Capture Bugreport right after the issue happened. 

 

Here`s how:
1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number seven times on the build number to enable a new Settings    item, Developer options.
2. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
3. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
4. Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
5. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes tocollect the Bug Report.
6. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link tothe BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message..
7. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

 

 



Regards,
Anne
Motorola Support

Reply
Options

7 Posts

04-03-2017

India

10 Signins

138 Page Views

  • Posts: 7
  • Registered: ‎04-03-2017
  • Location: India
  • Views: 138
  • Message 10 of 33

Re: [Moto G5] Scrolling not smooth when browsing. Possible issue?!

2017-04-28, 11:37 AM

I was browsing on google chrome browser. Initially it was scrolling smoothly then once the device got locked and when I unlocked it again the same page was not scrolling smoothly. I am sharing link to the bug report also will try 2 attach the file. Please solve this issue as soon as possible as it is very irritating and frustrating issue

 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B63bJR30GNotSTVaWDl3N240QUE/view?usp=drivesdk

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms