07-26-2019 08:34 AM
My MotoG5S has just completed installing security patch 1 June 2019 and now has no signal. It's dual sim and both sim cards show no network. I've reset the network and it's made no difference.
Please could you provide a solution ASAP as my phone is useless.
07-26-2019 08:26 PM
Same issue with June update on my G5S dual sim handset (XT1797).
Android version: 8.1.0
Android security patch level: 1 June 2019
Baseband version: M8937_37.13.03.721 MONTANA_APACDSDS_CUST
Kernel version: 3.18.71-perf-g26d4309 (gcc version 4.8 (GCC)) hudsoncm@ilclbld97 #1 Wecd Jun 26 06:06:58 CDT 2019
Build number: OPPS28.65-37-7-6
Have tried moving the SIM card to either slot. The swipe down notification menu says 'No SIM card' and 'No service'. But if I select the SIM card icon it shows up in the SIM cards menu, in the correct slot with the correct phone number and carrier displayed.
After some googling also tried the following without success:
- Rest Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth from System > Network & Internet > Reset
- in the 'Mobile network' menu I have sitched the Preferred network type from the default 4g, to 2g then rebooted, then switched back to 4g then rebooted.
- factory reset from within the System > Reset options > Erase all data (factory reset).
- factory reset from accessing the 'Volume down and Power buttons' system menu.
- factory reset and system cache erase from the above 'Volume down and Power buttons' system menu.
It was working perfectly until the update which I did with the reccomended USB cord connected and powered. Wifi, Bluetooth and everything else appears unaffected.