Message 13 of 17

Re: Moto G5: USB connection to computer is not working - No notification

I am also facing the same issue

tarun434
Paper Tape
Views: 443
Message 14 of 17

This is the second problem i am facing with moto g5splus (first one is getting switched off while receving notification), because of issue one, i brought one plus 7, trying to transfer data.. not getting connected to PC.. 

what the hell moto is.. just close your brand, if you do not have proper products, dont play with customers

Former Employee
Views: 425
Message 15 of 17

@tarun434 wrote:

This is the second problem i am facing with moto g5splus (first one is getting switched off while receving notification), because of issue one, i brought one plus 7, trying to transfer data.. not getting connected to PC.. 

what the hell moto is.. just close your brand, if you do not have proper products, dont play with customers

Sorry to hear that--what is the error you notice while you plug the USB drive? Does it allow or give you the option to select charging/data transfer?

We can try a few options below;

• Test with a different cable to see if that makes any difference?
  • You can also enable this under Developer option — Settings > Systems > Developer option > Search for 'Select USB Configuration' > Select MTP-(Media Transfer protocol)--observe and let us know how it goes?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
cubis
What's DOS?
Views: 350
Message 16 of 17

You can try my method as well.  If it wasn't an issue with the wrong USB cable, than you may have to use specific USB port, especially on laptops, some are only for charging.  Try each of the different ports.

Hillll
Paper Tape
Views: 293
Message 17 of 17

@Canequinhas wrote:

Hi there,

Bought in June 2017 a Moto G5 and just recently I had the need to transfer files via USB.

Unfortunately, computer connect not working on the phone. Here are some findings:

• USB Slide down notification is not showing the phone.
    • As a user I should have to do no more than plugging the USB cable and be able to transfer files.

1) Few of the actions I did to try to solve the issue (with no success!):

• Used the original USB cable; tested in different USB ports
  • Bought a different USB cable; tested in different USB ports
  • Tested with an USB cable that works for another phone
  • Tested on different machines and OS (Windows and Linux)

2) Also went further with the investigation, doing actions that an user should not have to do:

• Enabled USB Debugging
  • Retested the options describe in 1)
  • Did a factory reset on the Moto G5
  • Recently updated the phone’s operating system.

USB Slide down notification is not poping up and the only visual is the battery charging; nothing else happens.

I would like to know if I find anyone else here in the forum came across with the same factory defect on the phone.

Namaste,

Ricardo

In addition to enabling MTP, there are a few things you can do: First, restart your phone and computer and update your computer. Second, set your Android device to USB Mass Storage: Settings > More Settings > USB Utilities > select the Connect Storage to PC option > Follow the computer prompts to set up your phone and check if your computer can successfully recognize your Android Mobile phone. I hope to be helpful in solving this problem.

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors